𝐗𝐈.

⭑ 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ

ɴᴀᴍɪʟ

"You're literally an idiot," Wes sighed, "I told you that shit would happen and you didn't listen at all."

Namil was staring into space, seemingly in deep thought while his friend scolded him for his actions at the party. Again. Wes had been pacing around the room like a pissed off black father then he stopped when he realized Namil still wasn't listening.

"Are you even listening? This is your girlfriend that you need to worry about."

"Uh huh." Namil hummed. Wes sucked his teeth and sat down beside his curly haired friend.

"You gone apologize or what?"

"Yeah, I'll apologize if she would let me. It's been two weeks and she ain't even look in my direction. Then I feel even weirder 'cus we sit next to each other in class. Then I got left on read."

Wes hummed and stood up. He took Namil by his wrist and dragged him all the way to the dining hall where he and Serenity always met up at.

And lucky for them, she was there.

"Wait chill, ian say I was ready," Namil said slightly panicked about the situation.

"Well I don't wanna hear you complaining in the room and making sad songs like you Rod Wave. You already made a depressing song last night. You hate that nigga. Don't be like him."

"I hate that hungry, depressed ass nigga."

"Exactly and you acting like him. So get it together." Wes said sternly.

When they made it to the dining hall, Wes sat Namil down in front of Serenity, still having a stern expression on his face.

"Talk. Please."

And with that, Wes walked off. The two stared at each other. Serenity having a stale face, eyeing Namil up and down and Namil awkwardly tugging at his hair and scrunching his nose to adjust the black glasses he wore, avoiding touching his face.

"Apparently, I'm supposed to talk to you," Serenity started, "I was gone ignore you for another week before I spoke to you but you know what? I put my pride aside. You wanna own up to your—"

"Listen, I know I fucked up, don't yell." Namil quickly interjected. "And you gone be all like "well if you'd stop smoking so much" I know. Imma learn how to control myself. You can go ahead and ignore me for another week but . . . yeah."

"Oh, so you know what you did?"

"Jesús por favor." He took Serenity by her hands, interlocking their fingers. "What I'm saying is, I apologize and I feel like an idiot."

"You should—"

"You didn't have to confirm it."

"Whatever, Namil," Serenity sighed. "I feel like you should do more than apologize but I appreciate you coming down here willingly to talk to me."

"So you forgive me, right?"

"Did you learn how to do your own homework?"