Vent.::8

Robyn.

"Do it one more type, it not that hard. One, two, BOOM! It's three simple steps".

I said in frustration, as I attempted to teach the girl's a new dance. This job was harder than it may have seemed, but it was also a joy.

The girls tried the dance one more time, and I could see the tiredness in their faces. "Okay, that's enough! Raya grab the snack bag".

All of the girls, including me, sat in the middle of the floor. After we are done practicing, we would all have snack and discuss something that we needed to grow on.

Raya came back with the snack, which was a granola bar and juice. Everyone grabbed their own snack, and we began our discussion.

"Lourdes first" I said. She cleared her throat, and made many more extra noises.

"Well I think I need to work on the first part, I get really confused on the dipping part".

Just as she was about to finish talking, the studio door opened. To my surprise, it was someone I didn't really expect to see.

Chris walked in with a hoodie pulled over his head and sweat pants that hung low, which slightly exposed his underwear. I saw some of the girls looking at him, and even heard someone say that he was cute.

I stood up, confused at his presence, and walked over to him. "May I ask why you're here, at my job?"

He pulled the hoodie off of his head and pulled his pants up. "I've been calling you and texting, but you haven't hit me back up".

He ran his hand across his face "I really needed to talk, and I stopped by your place but they said you moved, and I went to Mel's job but she told me you was here. I'm not trying to start trouble, I can wait til you get finished".

I wasn't the type to dismiss people out of my life, unless you did something terribly wrong to me. Chris had earned a special place in my heart, and I let him vent to me many times in the past.

After the situation during the night of the party, I thought we needed a break from each other. I'm not the type to break up a happy home, especially when he talks about his girlfriend to me all all the time.

I shrugged my shoulders "Well this is my dance class, I teach hip-hop. Not that you'd know anything about that".

He laughed a little "I'm a excellent dancer if you must know, it's one of my many talents".

I didn't really take him serious, but I believed him. I turned around towards the girls, and all of their eyes were still glued on us.

I walked towards the middle of the studio and Chris followed me. "Well girls, this is my friend Chris".

He waved and gave the girls a slight smile. "What yall working on?"

All of the girls' hands rose just to answer that question. The most quiet out of the entire class, Roselyn, rose her hand and I picked her.

"Well... Coach Robyn is teach us a hip-hop dance mixed with a little carribean style. We haven't picked a song though.. Can we show him?"

I nodded my head and all of the stood in front of us, then began the dance. I noticed everything seemed perfect, it was like Chris gave them confidence to perfect whatever they couldn't before.

Maybe because they were young and they had a crush on him, whatever it was... they nailed it. "Good job babies".

He look at me and started laughing. "You taught them that?". I nodded my head, "Yeah, you think I can't dance?"