Born Ready.::22

CHRIS

"So y'all decided to go on the trip"? Cameron asked, while rolling a blunt. "Yeah, I think she knows that it's time for her to go home". He laughed, "Melissa was so mad when Rob said no, she basically cried all night".

I shook my head, "Them girls are like two peas in a pod, they can't go a day without eachother". Cameron passed the blunt over to me, "Things have been moving fast between me and Melissa, I'm thinking about having her move in the penthouse with me".

"Damn nigga, that island pussy got you whipped already". I held up the middle finger, "I been messing with Melissa for a short amount of time, but it's all going so fast. I don't think she'll leave Robyn though".

"So you basically ready to marry her, and make her the mother of your child"? He shrugged his shoulders, "I ain't say all of that, but I do want to give her a key and shit".

"How did y'all even meet? I find it ironic you dating my girl bestfriend, and she ain't even a party girl like that". He laughed, "So you saying I only fuck with party girls"?

"I mean we can take it way back... Leisha, Jessica, Bria, Natalie, Cassie, or the girl who tried to set the shop on fire while I was painting". We both shared a laugh, "I know but that's the past, I see something different in Melissa. She's so fucking real about everything, and that's hard to find now".

"That's exactly how I feel about Robyn, she too good for me. I ain't never felt this way about anyone, not even Karruche". Cameron eyebrows shot up, "So you love her more than you loved Karrueche"?

"Yes, I'm for sure about that. They're two different woman, and the love is on two different levels".

"So, would you marry Robyn"? I scrunched my face up, "It's a little too early for all of that, ask me in a few years".

I lit the blunt, placing it on my lips. "Nigga don't let it burn out, that's backwoods". I flick him off for a second time, "Why you asking about marriage, you don't think it's a little too early"?

"You know me man. If I love you for real, there's no time limit on what we can do. I always thought you would've been married to Karrueche, she stuck with yo ass".

I shook my head, "Behind closed doors, there was too much shit that needed to be fixed before I would ever ask her to marry me. Forever ain't always for everyone".

Cameron nodded his head, grabbing the blunt from my hand. "I sometimes look at Roland, and wonder why shit came so easy. He got the girl, the kids, the house, and everything else. I'm still living this play boy life, and time is getting shorter".

"So you saying that you ready for marriage, and you ready to ask Mel to marry you"?

"Are you ready for Robyn to marry you"?

I slightly pushed his shoulder, "Nigga don't answer my question with a question".

"What I'm saying is, Mel's a great girl. Even though we've been dealing with eachother for a short while, I can see so much happening between us in the future".

.....

"Ro you not gone let daddy paint"? She sat on the floor, attempting to stick her hand in my paint. I sighed, deciding to take a break. "You want to go see Uncle Michael and King"?

She just stared at me, not really understanding the question. "I guess that a yes". I sat her on the couch, and tried to clean up some of the paint. Before I could clean up everything, Royalty burst out into tears.