10. ron & hermione

Iolanthe sits quietly

Iolanthe sits quietly. Then the compartment door slides open. Ron stands there. Seeing Iolanthe, he hesitates.

RON: Mind? Everywhere else is full.

Iolanthe: Not at all.

RON: I'm Ron, by the way.

Iolanthe: I heard. I'm Iolanthe.

RON: I ... heard. (unable to resist) Is it true? I mean, have you really got the...you know...

Without prompting, Iolanthe lifts her hair and shows the scar.

Hermione, Sirius and Percy scowled at Ron simultaneously, shocked that he had the gall to ask Iolanthe about something so personal when he had barely even met her. He had to admit he was really intimidated by the glares they sent him, in particular his godson who looked to much like his best friend for comfort. He knew how dangerous she was when she was irritated and he didn't want to deal with that.

"Our first meeting," sighed the Potter Heiress, unaware of the little strife happening next to her. "Who would have ever thought we would have been this close ?," she asked, sighing wistfully.

It was difficult for Poseidon not to lay claim to the woman he loved right then and there, which was why he decided to kiss her on the cheek as a way to discourage a few Gods from coming her way, even though he knew it would be more difficult to convince her to accept his proposal.

RON: Wicked

Iolanthe: Are all your family wizards?

RON: Huh? Oh. I think so. Well, Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant. But we never talk about him. I heard you went to live with Muggles. What are they like?

Iolanthe: Horrible. Well, not all of them. Mine are, though. Trade them for three wizard
brothers any day.

"Do we count as Muggles ?," asked Leo, looking at his hands like he was expecting magic to appear out of nowhere.

Hermione was about to answer when she closed her mouth and thought about it. "Well, yes, you do," she said before hearing the insignificant scoffs she received. "Not you though," she said, looking at Hazel with narrowed eyes. "You have strong magic and you should have been contacted by a magical school when you were a child."

The daughter of Pluto wasn't surprised about the news: she knew her mother would have done everything to keep her near her, whether for Gaea's benefit or her own.

RON: Five. I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others. But if I do, it's no big deal because they did it first. You
never get anything new, either, with five brothers. I've got Bill's old robes.
Charlie's old wand... Even Scabbers used to be Percy's ...