Chapter 7

Guns were still excellent weapons in this world. But that was only for ordinary soldiers who couldn't use mana.

Instead of traditional bullets, the weapons of this world used 'magic bullets', bullets containing compressed mana with the power to kill low intermediate grade 8 monsters. In comparison, the training saber that cost 5 million won could only kill low grade monsters on average. So the weapon was a stronger weapon on its own.

But heroes and mercenaries who could use magical powers didn't choose guns. This was certainly because 'magical power' couldn't be applied to weapons, so no matter how strong the user of a weapon was, the weapon had a clear power limit

When choosing a main weapon, the most important aspect was its origin. In short, the rank of a weapon increased the higher its origin was

For example, weapons were separated into three classes - mass-produced, custom-made or masterpieces. Swords, on the other hand, had much more - drawers, weaponry, treasure, mythical, legendary, etc.

That's certainly because myths and legends manifested themselves in this world.

The sword was a weapon with a long and deep history. Naturally, many swords descend from myths and legends.

The Sword of Freyr, the demon blade Muramasa, the magical sword Tyrfing, the sacred sword Durendal, the sword of King Excalibur, and so on. In this world, many swords of legend remained unknown in 'Dungeons' or 'Towers'. Each one was a priceless treasure. Of course, these treasures could only be used by those who were proficient with swords.

Consequently, the Heroes chose older weapons. Even if they reached a bottleneck in their growth, a high-level weapon could help them break through.

"... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka"

Kim Soohyuk called my name once more before activating his smartwatch. For some reason, I could also see the information hidden by the information protection system.

It was information about me, Cadet Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

"You didn't use a Katana?"

As I expected from an extra, Sakamoto Ken, being Japanese, was an ordinary katana swordsman.

"I decided to change weapons"

"After coming to Cube?"

"Yes."

Kim Soohyuk didn't look happy with my choice, but he nodded with a slight frown.

"That's good. The cadets can make their own choices at Cube. The instructors won't interfere at all. But that also means that the responsibility lies with the cadets."

Kim Soohyuk moved on, but the whispering among the students didn't stop. Whispers that should have been too low for me to hear, for some reason I could hear them clearly. It seemed that this was the gift from that window, it's quite useful

"Gun? Is this guy crazy?

"Why did he come to the Cube if he wants to be a mercenary?"

Before entering the Cube, the cadets tried out all kinds of weapons. It was to find a weapon that suited their Gift. But you didn't need a Gift to use weapons. All you had to do was put your finger on the trigger and pull.

"You can easily change the main weapon you choose today. And regardless of what you choose, you'll go through the same training and tests. That means a weapon's weaknesses will be yours to deal with.

Kim Soohyuk announced as he looked in my direction.

I understand. Although heroes don't choose this weapon, I'm different

The cadets here attended military academies from the age of 7 or 8. In other words, they had been practicing cutting, slicing, breaking and shooting for 10 years.

"Now, we'll assign your rooms and your personal belongings will be sent there. Then you're free. Classes will start four days later, next Monday.

Kim Soohyuk spoke while looking at me with pity.

And just like that, the main weapon selection was over.

§§§§

"Hey, gunner, are you serious?"

"I just don't understand. Are you one of those attention-seekers? This is the first time I've heard of someone choosing a weapon at Cube."

On the way to the dormitory, a group of chatters pull up. I simply ignore their sarcastic comments.

Seeing me unperturbed by their taunts, the group left after laughing alone. As you'd expect from teenage boys, they were more interested in female students

Even I turned my attention to them

Chae Nayun, Rachel and Yoo Yeonha. The beauty of these three girls far surpassed the girls at this institute

As I eyed them, we arrived at the dormitory.

"Here are the dormitories for the first years."

Six extravagant skyscrapers stood in front of me.

According to Kim Soohyuk, each building had 100 floors, each with five rooms.

The rooms were distributed according to grades, but even if someone's grades were at the bottom, they were still their own rooms. The three best men and the three best cadets from the Agent's Military Academy got the penthouses. Kim Suho was the only one who gave up, saying it was too big for him to use.

"The guys are on the right, while the girls are on the left. The key to their rooms will be stored in the smartwatches you'll receive now."

While Kim Soohyuk was explaining, other first-year classes arrived. If I remember correctly, the first-year classes were Veritas, Acceptance, Intelligence, Wisdom, Cultivation, Honor, Virtue, Friendship, Potential and World - a total of 10 classes.

Should I try looking for other main characters? some of them should be antagonists...

"Ayanokoji, Ayanokoji!"

"Hm?, me?"

"...Yes you"

Kim Soohyuk was calling me. Of course I was pretending not to pay attention, but Kim Soohyuk's eyes narrowed like a hawk, his gaze fierce. He intended to intimidate me, but I didn't show any reaction, Kim Soohyuk closed his eyes and sighed.

"...Your smartwatch, come and get it."

"Yes"

I approached and received my smartwatch, it's like a holographic cell phone, but in the shape of a watch. I could hear other students laughing behind me.

§§§§

The room assigned to me was bigger than Sakamoto's apartment, but here there was a lot more stuff, a bed, a rice cooker, a TV, a computer and even magic tools.

"... I still can't get used to it."

Relaxed on the comfortable sofa, I pondered

I turned on the smartwatch on my wrist and saw my information, actually Sakamoto Ken's old information

[Agent Military Academy Rank 1543, Hero Military Academy Rank 934 Ayanokoji Kiyotaka]

Rank 934, isn't that pretty average?And so, the selection of the main weapon ended.