Chapter 8

Eight students were sitting in a large room on the top floor of dormitory 1. They were all sitting in an arrogant delinquent manner, laughing out loud at even the smallest things. Occasionally, they would cast furtive glances at whoever called out to them. But the person in question was silent, as if they couldn't care less.

"Oh, right, Jonghak, isn't there a weapons user in your class?"

A man asked him. He was a generic good-looking guy with a kind smile. Shin Jonghak narrowed his eyes and looked at him.

"... Um, I just heard that from somewhere. Did I hear it wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm not interested in garbage."

"Right. I'm not really interested either, but I was just curious who the idiot was, haha."

"Hanjun, you sure are curious about the strangest things~"

A short captivating voice. Jin Hanjun turned his head and saw a long-haired girl smiling charmingly. It was Yoo Yeonha. Feeling his heart pounding, the confused Jin Hanjun let it slip.

"O-Oh, Yeonha. You know, I've always been like that"

"What was his name? Ayanokoji Kiyotaka? That's Japanese, right? It was a very old-fashioned name. Anyway, don't pay too much attention to him."

"But he sure was pathetic. Why did that son of a bitch come to Cubo if he was going to choose a weapon?"

The foul language came from Kim Horak. Bulky muscles, an intimidating expression and a big physique. Even at a glance, it was easy to see that he specialized in hand-to-hand combat.

Jin Hanjun asked Kim Horak: "Do you know him?"

"I'm in Jonghak's class, you idiot. I'm going to destroy him in combat training. I'm going to disable him and kick him out.

Everyone ate up Cube's schedule. There were classes five days a week and combat training three days a week.

Classes referred to comprehensive magic power training and physical training, while combat training referred to battles, monster hunts, rescue missions and much more.

"I'm going to destroy that son of a bitch..."

"Don't waste your time."

With a single sentence, Shin Jonghak cut off a rude locker room conversation. Kim Horak, who had been growling earlier, fell silent.

"Even if you win against someone of such low rank, you'll be the only one to lose points. It's better to challenge the higher-ranking cadets against whom you can win for sure. For example..."

"Chae Nayun, try to fight her. I'm sure you'll win."

Yoo Yeonha interrupted. Shin Jonghak narrowed his eyes and looked at her, but Yoo Yeonha remained unperturbed.

"Fist against bow. It's easy."

"... Huh? Ah, yes, I can win. But..."

Challenging her was difficult.

However, he swallowed his words, wanting to stand right in front of Yoo Yeonha.

"But?"

"... It would be very unfortunate. You know, my opponents often end up half dead."

"There's nothing wrong with that."

"... Huh?"

"Stop."

Shin Jonghak interrupted a conversation.

Although Yoo Yeonha was displeased, she feigned indifference. She was silently surprised by the feeling that arose in the corner of her heart.