3.

I woke up at 5am, my usual time, though since Xinlei had kicked me out, I had no reason to be up so early

Yesterday had been a particularly hard day for me, leaving me with the decision to treat myself today.

I reached out to my old friend, Jiselle, the owner of the beauty salon; Beauty Jee and asked her if I could come by and get my hair and nails done.

Thankfully she was free and with open arms, Jiselle greeted me. I eagerly embraced her.

I always admired her beauty inside and out, with her blonde locks, dark skin and kind personality, she basically captivated my heart. "You're an angel, Jee," I expressed my gratitude.

"Let me get some face masks as well, girl.. you look like bees stung your eyes." I laughed at her comment, she wasn't wrong about that. "I'll treat you back to the real Ari."

She retouched my roots back to its blonde glory and put at least ten different face masks on me. For my nails we decided on a wine-red French tip.

Jiselle looked like she wanted to say something but wasn't sure if she should. "I was booted off the team, in case you were wondering," I confided. Jiselle was a great friend and always knew how to provide support without the need for pity. She offered a comforting back hug while I sat in the chair, waiting for my nails to dry.

Just then, my phone began to ring incessantly.
Nine missed calls by Hanni
and a dozen messages from Tatter.

Nine missed calls by Hanni and a dozen messages from Tatter

Jiselle was hovering behind me "What a spectacle... at least you'll make an entrance like an idol," she remarked.

My eyes left the screen of my phone and rose to meet my reflection in the mirror. Jiselle had worked her magic, not only by touching up my roots and curling my hair, she even added luscious extensions, making my hair look long and very healthy

"Jee," I gasped in astonishment. "These are incredible."

"They're dance-proof," she declared with a mischievous grin. "They won't budge unless you're back in my chair." Jiselle was a virtuoso when it came to all things beauty—be it makeup, hair, or even nails; she had an innate talent