9.

2016

2016

"Cupcakes is breaking up," our leader dropped the bomb, leaving some girls in tears. Even I felt a tad of sadness, but a spark of excitement lit in me as I thought about new opportunities.
After heartfelt goodbyes and wiping away tears, I stepped out of the studio, waiting for my bus, only to spot Areum, one of my crewmates, rushing to the bus stop.

"Oh, I didn't know you take the bus? How come I never saw you leave from here?" she asked.

"My car is down at the moment," I replied. Areum was someone I cherished dancing with, I knew I'd miss our routines. "So, what's next for you?" I asked, glancing at her struggling with a massive scarf wrapped around her head.

I chuckled at her attempt to free herself. "I want to be a leader, have my own crew, and create my own choreographies."

Nodding, I said, "I'm sure you'll do great then," she was absolutely freezing and now it even started snowing. "Come closer, I'll warm you up."

She moved in, and I wrapped my arm around her, her head finding a spot on my shoulder. "I loved dancing with you, Bada. I hope you won't forget me." Her words made my heart skip a beat. I hadn't realized she felt like that about me.

"Ah, there's my bus," she stood up hurriedly. "It was a pleasure dancing with you, Bada Lee. I hope we'll meet again." I sat there silently, regretting a lot of things but mostly not getting closer to Areum during our year of dancing together.

" I sat there silently, regretting a lot of things but mostly not getting closer to Areum during our year of dancing together

MARCH 2023

"They announced the crews who will participate on Street Woman Fighter 2!" Minah, my crewmate, practically screamed, holding her phone so close it nearly smacked her. "1Million, Jam REPUBLIC AHHHH!" After a breath-catching moment, Cheche grabbed the phone. "Give this to me."

"1Million, Jam Republic, Tsubakill, LadyBounce, Deep N Dap, Mannequeen, Wolf'Lo, and..." Cheche paused as well after realising who the last contestant was.

Kyma took the phone, eyes widening as she read the name out loud, followed by everyone else. "And... Xinlei."

I was just as surprised. Xinlei seemed invincible as they were known to be the monster crew in the industry. Mostly because of their leader Ari who's
choreographies never failed to go viral and only works with A-list celebrities all over the world.