002 | A Hospital Stay

Monday morning at 6:30am Carina went into her daughter's room to wake her up for school. During the Sunday the Italian teen had been strangely quiet and clingy which did worry Carina. Fiorella wasn't the one to complain when she was want feeling well yet Carina did know when her daughter wasn't feeling well.

"It's time to wake up Bambina." Carina spoke softly to her daughter, Fiorella skin was pale which was another indicator to carina that her daughter wasn't well.

"Come on Ella' you gotta get ready for school" Carina spoke softly to wake her daughter

"Mamma" Fiorella said half asleep, she opened her eyes but regretted it almost immediately as the sunlight seeping through her curtains hurt her head.

"I don't feel good Mamma" Fiorella said, her eyes close as she spoke in barely a whisper. She couldn't even act like she was okay not like she normally would do if she had a cold or if she had the flu.

"Okay Bambina. You go back to sleep. I'll phone the school and tell them you aren't coming in today" carina said softly to the teen who was still snuggled up under her duvet.

"Okay Mamma" Fiorella whispered. She didn't know what was wrong but her head hurt badly and she just didn't feel like herself.

"I'll get you some water" Carina said softly to her daughter, she then had to phone Dr Bailey to say she couldn't come in today because Fiorella wasn't well. She wasn't going to just leave her daughter home alone when she's clearly not well.

"Mamma stay?" Fiorella mumbled

"I'll be back Bambina" carina spoke softly to the teenager. Fiorella didn't say anything else, her eyes were still closed as she just listened to her mother leave the room.

Picking her phone up off the kitchen  counter Carina unlocked it and immediately phoned Miranda Bailey, her boss.

"Hello Carina, is everything okay?" Miranda asked the Italian woman on the other end of the phone.

"Sì, everything is okay with me but I won't be able to come in today. Fiorella isn't well, it's not like her. If I can find someone to stay with her tomorrow I'll be back then" carina spoke to her boss.

"That's fine's. If they're anything that you need just ring. I'm sure we can sort something out" Miranda informed Carina who nodded although the other doctor couldn't hear.

"Thank you, i best get back to Fiorella" Carina said. The two women said their goodbyes and Carina put her phone down. The older Italian got a glass from the cupboards and got her daughter a glass of water before she opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the thermometer to check her temperature.

"Bambina I'm just going to check your temperature." Carina said softly to her daughter. Fiorella just nodded and let her mamma take her temperature, she also grabbed some Tylenol

"102°F. I'll keep an eye on that" Carina said softly. She knew it was slightly high but she didn't believe it was a cause for concern just yet.

"Mamma coccole" Fiorella said in not even a whisper, she just wanted snuggled from her mamma

"Okay Bambina but first I want you to take some Tylenol, it should bring your fever down" Carina spoke softly

"va bene mamma" Fiorella said softly. Slowly sitting herself up, she felt really sick and dizzy as she sat up. Fiorella closed her eyes tight as she tried to stop herself from being any more dizzier. Fiorella took the Tylenol and Carina gently wrapped her arms around her daughter

"You go back to sleep Bambina. I'm right here" Caruna spoke softly gently brushing her daughter's hair out of her face.

Carina decided to check on her daughter again at 10am, she had left her daughter at 7am to get herself a drink and decided to just leave her daughter to sleep not wanting to disturb her again but she wanted to check her daughter's temperature again and try to get her to eat coming.