005 | Zia Giovanna (Filler Chapter)

Finding out that her Zia was dying from cancer hurt Fiorella more than she'd let on. Of course she was terrified of loosing her Zia, she knew she still would have her Mamma and Zio but how was she going to support them when she didn't know how to support herself, how to keep her emotions in check. Although she only found out the news not even a day ago Fiorella was still preparing herself for the death of her Zia.

"Buongiorno Bambina, how are you?" Carina asked checking on her daughter who was curled up in bed, it was 7am and she had to get to work in about a hour, she had a busy day ahead of her but she knew that Giovanna was going to take care of Fiorella and they were having a little 'Zia and Nipote' day or 'Aunt and Niece' day. Giovanna had booked a spa day for the two of them and then she was taking her out for lunch and to the grocery store to pick up snacks for Fiorella and Bethany as Carina agreed to let Bethany have a sleepover which Fiorella was over the moon about. They had two nights together as the Tuesday Carina, Andrea and Giovanna were taking Fiorella for a trip to the beach, something Fiorella loved even in the autumn.

"Buongiorno Mamma. I'm tired. Couldn't sleep properly. Kept thinking of Zia Giovanna." Fiorella admitted, it was true, she hadn't slept more than 3 hours even with her just wanting her own bed, she'd longed for her own bed for about a week now and when she finally gets to be in her own bed, she just couldn't sleep, not how she imagined her first night being discharged.

"Lo so it'll be hard but you can talk to me about how you're feeling. If you don't want to talk to me or Zio, then anyone at the hospital would listen to you. We aren't alone going through this" Carina reminded the teen who was now sitting up

"Lo so Mamma. I just don't know how to feel right now. Lo so I should feel sad but I feel angry. I don't even understand why I'm feeling this way" Fiorella admitted, carina went and sat on the edge of her daughter bed and gently picked up her hands.

"We'll work it out together Bambina, and when Zia moves out into her own place you can still see her all the time. She's not leaving Seattle so you can go for sleepovers. Have Saturdays together and she can even come and watch football matches you play" Carina smiled to her daughter who giggled.

"Mamma it's soccer here, football is completely different." Fiorella grinned, she understood at how confusing it all was, in Europe football is what soccer is called and what she couldn't get used to people calling it.

"You play both with a ball, do you not?" Carina asked the smiling teen who couldn't help but giggle as her mother got confused. It was confusing, to her football was soccer, she'd always known it as that until they moved to the states.

"Sì mamma but they are both completely different. I don't even know how to play football. Soccer is my sport" Fiorella grinned.

"If you say so Bambina" Carina laughed lightly as she sat with her daughter.

"So your spending the day with your Zia, I don't know what she's got planned but whatever it is she says you'll love it" Caring told the teen who smiled.

"I wouldn't want to spend my last day off school with anyone else. I want to make loads of memories with Zia Giovanna as I can." Fiorella smiled happily.

"Do you think Zia could take me back to Italy for a visit. Just once before she dies? I've not been back in so long" Fiorella asked playing with her blanket.

"We will have to see about that Bambina, school has to come first so maybe during spring break the two of you can have a trip" Carina spoke to the teen who smiled.

"Okay Mamma" Fiorella smiled.

"ti amo" Fiorella said softly as she looked up yo her mother.

"ti amo, piccola" Carina spoke before kissing the teens forehead gently