CHAPTER TWELVE: DANGEROUS DEVOTION

Dear readers,

Yesterday was a complete chaos.

Brenan informed my father about the dark magic.

As you might imagine, he was enraged, and it's understandable.

He burned the book and let me inside his memories.

It was dreadful. He was a cold and uncaring man. He found stimulus in the suffering of others, and he was solely interested in his pleasure.

It's hard to believe that this man is my father, whom I love with all my heart.

He is so different and loving now. All because of my mother's and Theo's love.

We must assist my mother in regaining her sanity. I love her as well.

I need to talk to Zora and put a stop to this insanity.

I'll have to go to therapy like my father. I require it as well.

Scarlett.

Scarlett arrived at High School, and when she entered the lonely classroom, she was greeted by a smiling Zora.

"Good day, Scarlett. When is our next private lesson?" With a wink, she inquired.

Scarlett responded, solemnly:

"Classes have ended, Zora. I don't want to do the dark magic nonsense any longer."

"Why? I know you enjoy it."

"Because my father wouldn't like it," Scarlett said quickly leaving the classroom with her books and backpack in search of Basil.

Zora was thoughtful.

Scarlett eventually tracked down Basil. When he noticed Scarlett starting to cry, he whisked her away.

"What's wrong, pretty?" Basil hugged Scarlett tenderly.

Basil soothed her after she told him everything that happened.

Suddenly, Vlad, who was seeking for Basil, appeared.

"Good day, dude. I wanted to remind you of the meeting this afternoon."

"I know, Vlad. I received the message. But I appreciate you reminding me." Basil spoke up.

Scarlett inquired after Vlad's departure:

"What meeting is he referring to? I did not realise you signed up to play sports this late in the school year."

Basil was silent for a few moments before responding:

"Scarlett, this is a Light Cult gathering. Vlad and I are cult members."