CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX: RANDOLF

Ryan was on his way to Theolinda's private investigation office

Ryan was on his way to Theolinda's private investigation office. He unexpectedly collided with Randolf. They hadn't seen each other in a long time. Ryan was filled with rage. He'd never liked Randolf.

Randolf mustered a smile and was the first to speak.

"Long time, no see, fortunately."

Ryan clenched his fists, struggling to contain his anger at the sight of Randolf's smug expression. He answered:

"I'm not happy to see you either, little wolf."

Ryan's voice dripped with venom as he taunted Randolf.

"You're always so smart. Perhaps that's why you drive ladies insane." Randolf answered.

Ryan burst out laughing. 

"Not at all, little wolf. I drive them insane for something else, something big; I'm not sure whether you understand."

Randolf was furious, but he contained himself and said:

"You're always so straightforward. Women require more than just sex."

"Of course, little wolf. I also have interesting conversations with them." Ryan stated. "And I give them love, and they love me. Like Mia. Because we are talking about her, right? Mia loved me. With madness. We made love many times. And the world disappeared. That's what hurts you. You could never get her to love you; you couldn't even have sex with her."

Randolf's anger intensified as Ryan's words struck a nerve. He clenched his fists, struggling to maintain his composure.

Randolf seethed.

"Mia was never yours to claim. Our connection went beyond our physical desires. It was a bond built on trust, respect, and genuine affection. Something you'll never understand. One day, you will get what you deserve. And you'll realize what you've given up. The Darkness will reign with its Queen, and you will not be present to witness it, as you had hoped." Randolf replied.

Randolf's words astounded Ryan.

"What the hell are you talking about?"