CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: DESPERATE RYAN

Ryan and Mia were on a lonely beach

Ryan and Mia were on a lonely beach. The waves were approaching, but they didn't seem to notice. Mia responded to Ryan, saying:

"Yes, I caused us to travel to the Eternal Dimension. Do you remember when we made love at Dagon Mansion? I gained the power to travel to any dimension simply by wishing. That day, when you cured me in interdimensional space, I saw my chance. I had read about the Eternal Dimension, and I wanted us to live together there, loving each other eternally."

Ryan replied softly, the waves now nearing his feet.

"Do you realize what you did? You deprived me of the opportunity to witness the birth of Brenan and to be with him for the first fourteen years of his life. You robbed us of the opportunity to enjoy our daughter's childhood! You're fucking insane!" Ryan shouted, his voice filled with a mixture of anger and pain. The realization of what had transpired hit him like a punch to the gut. "How could you be so selfish? This is not love; it's manipulation!" The tears welled up in his eyes, and his heart was heavy with regret and resentment. "I can never forgive you for stealing fifteen years of my life."

Mia retorted:

"It's just you and me. Nobody else is important. I love you!"

Mia's words fell on deaf ears as Ryan stared at her in disbelief. He couldn't believe she was still trying to justify her actions.

"Love is not about isolating someone from their loved ones," he said, his voice now filled with a mixture of sadness and determination. "You may have convinced yourself that this is love, but it's not. It's control. I don't want your love. I also loved you more than anyone else. But you know, with all this shit, you destroyed my love for you." Ryan replied.

Mia smacked Ryan hard. She shouted:

"You have no idea what you're talking about. You're angry, but this love will last forever. I'm going to the past, either alone or with someone."

"No, Mia, don't do it!" Ryan stated. "Fuck, you're not recovered."

Mia kept chatting and began to walk away from Ryan.

"If that doesn't work, I'll kill myself, and you'll die with me." Mia burst out laughing. "We will be together forever."

Mia bolted. Ryan sat on the sand, the waves reaching his waist. And he sobbed. As the sounds of the crashing waves filled the air, Ryan's heart felt heavy with sorrow. He watched as Mia disappeared into the distance, her words echoing in his mind. Tears streamed down his face as he realized the depth of her desperation. At that moment, he felt a profound sense of loss and helplessness. As the waves continued to wash over him, Ryan whispered to the winds, hoping against hope that Mia would find the strength to choose a different path.