CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: SECOND CHANCE

Mia was in Randolf's apartment, reading. As she flipped through the pages of the book, she couldn't help but notice the comforting familiarity of Randolf's belongings that surrounded her.

The shelves were lined with an assortment of well-worn novels, each holding its own story. Mia loved how Randolf's apartment felt like a sanctuary, a place where she could escape from the chaos of the outside world and immerse herself in the wonderful world of literature.

Randolf was in the company of Mia. He gave her a sidelong glance. She drove him insane. He was aware that he needed to remain cool, but he was confident that he could gradually win her heart.

Suddenly, Mia felt a strong pain in her chest.

"Ryan!" she said, suddenly alarmed.

Randolf quickly reached out to support Mia, concern evident in his eyes.

"Are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?" he asked, his voice filled with worry.

Mia put her hands on her chest, trying to breathe. She tried to get up from the couch, but in doing so, she lost consciousness and fell to the floor.

Randolf bent down to check Mia's vital signs and realized that she barely had a pulse.

"I have to perform CPR. I hope I remember Uncle Kragen's first aid lessons."

Randolf began performing CPR on Mia and, at the same time, called the order's emergency number.

Randolf positioned himself next to Mia and placed the balls of both hands on the centre of her chest, just below her breasts, while ensuring that her airway was clear.

He proceeded to perform uninterrupted chest compressions with a rhythm of about 100 BPM and a depth of 2 inches.

While performing CPR, Randolf monitored Mia's breathing and pulses and adjusted the compression-to-breathing ratio appropriately.

He kept performing chest compressions until emergency medical personnel of the Order arrived on the scene, took over Mia's care, and provided specialized care for her cardiac arrest.

During this time, Randolf remained composed and focused, knowing that every second mattered in saving Mia's life. He coordinated with the emergency medical personnel, providing them with crucial information about Mia's condition and the actions he had taken. With trust in the professionals taking over, Randolf took a step back, grateful that he was able to play a part in ensuring Mia received the immediate help she needed.

Brenan was in her bedroom, lying on the bed. He wanted to meditate. Suddenly, he saw his father having a heart attack.

Brenan felt like he couldn't move. He noticed a pull throughout his body, and he began to float. Brenan was bewildered. He looked down and saw himself lying on the bed with a scared look. He realized that he was having an out-of-body experience. As he floated above his body, Brenan felt a sense of calmness and clarity, allowing him to observe the situation from a different perspective. He had to save his father, and he knew how to do it.