CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: MIA'S NEW LIFE

Mia was happy

Mia was happy. No longer confined to the oppressive walls of the asylum, Mia revelled in the newfound freedom that awaited her. The weight of the past lifted off her shoulders, and a renewed sense of purpose fueled her every step. With Alexandra's destruction, Mia's life had taken an unexpected turn, one that held the promise of a brighter future.

Mia realized that she had been immersed in a state of madness. She was obsessed with Ryan. That obsession didn't let her see anything around her—not her daughter, not anything.

Her whole world was Ryan and the desire she felt for him.

That's why the thought of Ryan being married to Theolinda was unbearable for her. The idea of Ryan being married to Theolinda shattered Mia's heart into a million pieces. It felt like a betrayal, not only to their shared history but also to the love they had once shared. Mia couldn't fathom the thought of another woman taking her place as Ryan's partner, as it would mean losing a part of herself and the future they had once dreamed of together. The pain was overwhelming, but Mia knew she had to find the strength to let go and prioritize her own happiness and that of her daughter.

As she stood outside the asylum gates, the world seemed to open up before her. The vibrant colours of the surrounding trees and the warmth of the sun on her face reminded her of a life she had long forgotten. Mia took a deep breath, savouring the crisp air, and made a silent vow to never let herself be consumed by such obsession again. She was determined to rebuild the bridges she had burned, starting with her relationship with her daughter, Scarlett.

Her heart was at peace, and her mind was clear.

Randolf stood by her side, devoted. She knew he loved her, but she wasn't ready to start a new relationship. She needed to see Ryan first. Mia knew that facing him would be painful, but she was willing to confront him. Only then could she truly move forward and create a brighter future for herself and her daughter, Scarlett.

Mia clasped Randolf's hand and led him out into her new life.

Ryan was defeated. Theolinda's absence from his life was catastrophic. He didn't care about anything anymore.

He cried in solitude, isolated himself from the world, and stopped going to therapy. He couldn't bear the thought of facing his own mistakes and the pain he had caused Theolinda. Ryan's heart felt heavy with regret, knowing that he had let go of someone who truly loved him. As he continued down this path of self-destruction, he couldn't help but wonder if he would ever find the strength to confront his own demons and make amends.