004. awkward ice breakers

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
FOUR!
awkward ice breakers
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

 ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮FOUR!awkward ice breakers   ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

The first priority on the delinquents list was to collect the supply package that the Council had dropped off for them. Of course, they would rather explore the nature filled area or set up their camp but they couldn't do anything of those things without those supplies.

Sky Monroe was the first person to step up for the adventure. She understood that the most important thing they needed to do was retrieve those supplies if they wanted to survive. Sure, she wanted to explore the forest landscape but the idea of not starving or freezing to death sounded way better to her.

But the problem was that nobody cared enough to go on this adventure. Sure, they wanted their survival supplies but they were told to do this by the Council, who they all hated. This act of free will became more like a chore and that was enough to deter them from doing the right thing.

Sky felt like she was grasping at grass for some volunteers. She couldn't carry supplies for a hundred people, that was almost impossible. She was practically desperate for someone to help. Even if it was one person, it'd still be better than just her.

Luckily for her, Julian Nero had decided to volunteer for the mission. And his participation was greatly appreciated as that immediately convinced more delinquents to volunteer themselves. It was no longer a one person mission but a group effort.

Currently, the small group of teens were making their way through the thick forest. They were trying to go as fast as they could but it was hard when the ground was practically unsuitable for walking and they had no idea where they where going. They felt like they were making no progress, just walking in endless circles at this point.

Julian was the first one to break the awkward silence between the group. "Do you have any idea where we're going?" He looked right at Sky as she was the one leading the expedition.

"It says that our supply package would be dropped near Susquehanna River." Sky confirmed, not looking up from the paper map in her hands. She was studying it as if her life depended. Well, it did as she had no idea where she was leading them.

"How are we supposed to know where that is or what it looks like?" Julian questioned in annoyance.

"Hopefully, there will be a sign." Alisha chuckled, trying her best to lighten the otherwise tense mood with some laughter.