Page 1

|ღ|

Travis laid in bed, just for one extra minute. it was only 5 in the morning. "Travis! Get your ass up!" Kenneth yelled in the hallway. Travis's eyes shot open. He got up as fast as a lighting strike. "Yes Father." Travis yells back. "You better be hurrying boy!" Kenneth yells again. "I am, Father!" Travis yells back. He slips his feet into shoes quickly. He swings open his closet door, to find his beloved pink sweater. 

He puts it on. "Hurry up!" Kenneth yells louder. "Yes Father!!" Travis yells. He puts on his shorts and runs out his door. "Took you long enough! You don't wanna be those lazy Faggots don't you?" Kenneth scolds. 

"Yes Father." Travis mutters. 

"If you were late any minute longer I would've given you a punishment." Kenneth says. 

Travis shivers out of fear, imagining a belt cracking against his back. Travis gets up and cooks some breakfast for Kenneth. If he didn't, he would get punched in the eye Kenneth made a bruise on months ago. He comes back with a plate of bacon and Eggs. He puts it down. Kenneth eats it, not bothering to see his starving son. 

Travis looked away. he probably won't get to eat today because he woke up late. 

Travis spots the bus out of the corner of his eye. His eyes widen. He grabs his backpack and sprints out the door. 

The bus doors are swung open. 

He runs, not even caring if he trips on the steps. 

Faces of kids were scattered everywhere. He ran to the middle of the bus. It wasn't the very front but It wasn't the very back either. He sat down in a empty seat and flipped open his bible. He wasn't allowed any other books then the Bible. His father would murder him if he caught him reading a comic book or a chapter book or anything not the Bible. Then, the bus stopped in front of Addison Apartments. Where Travis's worst "Enemy" lived. a group of 4 teens walked up to the bus. They were Sal Fisher, Todd Morrison, and Larry Johnson. Sal's pigtails bounced up and down as he walked to the seat he and Larry always sit at. and that seat was in the row right next to Travis. Larry walked in and sat next to Sal. "Ugh! Can't you 2 faggots sit somewhere else for once!?" Travis yelled at them. "Maybe you should sit somewhere else." Sal uttered back. "Why should I move when I got on this bus before you?" Travis yelled back, obviously fuming with anger. "Because you won't have to see us 'faaaaaaags', Travis." Sal mocks. Travis frowns. "You're going to pay! Mark my words Sally Face!" Travis yells as the bus stops. Larry raises his middle finger at Travis.

୨⎯ END OF PAGE 1 ⎯୧