Page 5

"The smell of his hair and the taste of his lips. I hide in the closet but I'm not a faggot."

                                                                                       |ღ|

Travis was in his English class. they were doing a test. Travis was sure he would get a A this time. just to skip a day of beating. he studied. he studied real hard. The teacher passed out the test. Travis stared at the first page. okay. this is easy.

Halfway through the test Travis was feeling very lightheaded. "Miss May I-" Travis got interrupted by his body falling to the floor, unconscious.

he woke up in the nurse's office. his head hurt so much. his back was in so much pain. the school nurse gave him a slice of bread and a paper cup of water. Travis really didn't want to eat it because he knew he would have to throw up when he got home. The school nurse frowned at him and wouldn't leave until he ate it. Travis sighed and took a small bite from the bread. he took a very small sip of the water. the school nurse smiled and then walked back to her desk. Sal walked into the nurse's office and sat down at the chair next to Travis. 

"You doing alright?" Sal says. 

"I- Yea. Sorta." Travis says, taking another bite from the bread. Sal smiled under his mask but it wasn't visible. 

Sal held Travis's hand.

"Well, I'm glad you're doing alright." Sal says. Travis's heart fluttered. he really wanted to kiss him. he truly did. but he knew he couldn't just do that.

"Travis, Your father is here." The school nurse says. Travis's heart went from being all in love to being in fear. oh no. 

"Hey hey look, you don't have to go with him. you can stay over at my house." Sal says. Travis stared at him.

Travis sighed. "Why are so you nice. I was such a asshole." Travis says.

"Like I told you, I don't think your a bad person." Sal says.

Travis blushed but then shook his head. 

"But I am a horrible person. I truly am." Travis says.

"Well to me you aren't." Sal says.

God Travis loved him. he deeply wants to kiss him so bad right now.

"He can come with me." Sal says to the school nurse. 

the school nurse smiles softly at him and nods her head alright.

"Alright c'mon Trav." Sal says, getting up. 

Travis noticed that Sal added a small sticker on his prosthetic. oh that sticker looked so cute. he really wanted to say something. 

he opened his mouth but words didn't come out. he closed his mouth and nodded his okay. 

some hours pass and they arrive at Addison apartments. They walked into apartment room 402. Travis sat down on the couch, not knowing what to do. 

"Would you like me to make anything for you? no offense but you look awfully thin." Sal says.

Travis feels like laughing but he doesn't have the strength.

"I'm good." Travis says.

"You sure?" Sal says.

"Mhm." Travis responds, nodding his head yes.

"I'm not sure I buy that." Sal says.

Travis chuckles silently.

"I don't want to eat anything." Travis says.

Sal sighs. god Travis was so stubborn!

"Please? just this once?" Sal asks. Travis sighs.

"Fine." Travis mutters. 

"Alright." Sal says softly, as he walks into the kitchen and cooks something for Travis.

Sal came back with a plate with a sandwich on it. that just made Travis hungrier. Sal gave the plate to Travis. Travis's hands shaked as he grabbed the plate.

Travis ate it, trying to savor every bite since he knew he wouldn't be able to eat when he got home.

"now, do I have permission to bandage your wounds?" Sal asks.

"What the- no! I'm not letting a faggot like you do that!" Travis yelled.

"I take that as a yes." Sal says. he goes to grab a medkit.

Sal bandages Travis. He bandages Travis's arms, legs, back, elbows, knees, and stomach.

"Hey you can stay over if you want." Sal says.

Travis really wanted to.

"Fine." Travis muttered under his breath.

Sal smiled under his prosthetic. he excused himself and came back with pillows and blankets. Travis chose to sleep on the couch.

"Night." Sal said.

"Night." Travis responded.

Then, Sal turned off the living room lights.

Hey guys, sorry for such a short chapter. I promise the next one is longer.

୨⎯ END OF PAGE 5 ⎯୧