Anger

"He said what?!" Xavier roars as he paces back and forth. I stood by the door, behind Peter.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. I didn't want to leave the Luna upstairs and I thought after everything you said and that since I was there, no one would do anything." Peter looks down, ashamed. It makes me geel guilty. Zach's right. I'm a weakling. The pack doesn't deserve me as a Luna. And Peter doesn't deserve this treatment.

"I asked you to keep her safe. Damn it! Steven is now taking care of you!" He says to me. My eyes widen and I shake my head.

"I thought Steven wasn't allowed near her?" Peter asks confused.

"That was because she didn't want him to be, but I trust him. He will make sure that doesn't happen." He gives peter a dirty look which makes Peter look down and walk out the door. I grab his hand and pull him back in.

I turn to Xavier and grab my notebook.

I want Peter to stay with me.

Xavier reads it and shakes his head. "He let that happen to you. That shouldn't have happened. He had specific orders!"

You should be punishing Zach, NOT Peter.

"Trust me! Zach will get punished for this! You are going with Steven and that's final, Lucy! I don't want to have this discussion anymore. Enough! Your safety is not something I'm going to mess around with!" His face is turning red and his eyes are turning darker.

If you make me go with Steven, I will never forgive you.

His eyes soften a bit. He looks up at me and sees the determination in my eyes. "Then you go with me. If I have to go to a meeting, you are coming too. Plenty of Alphas bring their wives and mates."

"But, sir, if a fight or something occurs, who will watch the Luna? You would have to go and Steven is one of our bed fighters," Peter asks, trying to convince Xavier. "I know I made a mistake, but I promise not to do it again. I was there for that one time. I will protect her with my life. Steven scares her and she has a reason to be. He hurt her all the time, and so did Micah. If she goes with Steven, she will get more frightened and she will never speak again. That's what the doctor told us this morning."

Xavier looks at us both and considers what we both said. "Fine. But one more person hurts her, you'll be getting your ass kicked." He points at Peter. I smile brightly at Peter and he smiles back.

"Thank you, Alpha! I won't let you down." He gives me a quick hug before running out of the room.

I turn towards Xavier and he is looking at me with an annoyed expression. He sits down and narrows his eyes at me. I give him an innocent smile and sit on the corner of his desk.

I write "Thank you! Thank you!" on the notebook and show it to him. "You had one of my pack members go against me. I'm not sure I like that." He gives me an irritated look.

My smile vanishes and I look down at my fingers. I hear him sigh. He stands up and wraps his arms around me. "Although, that means he is going to treat you right and he likes his new Luna." He lifts my chin up and kisses me on the lips. I kiss him back and soon his tongue slips into my mouth. Our lips move in sync and I wrap my arms around his neck. I can't deny this makes my heart flutter. It makes sparks go through me and heat spreads everywhere. He moves from my lips to my neck until his lips land where he is to mark me. He kisses and sucks on it. I gasp slightly, tilting my head so he can have better access. He moves my hair to the other side and kisses up and down from my chin to my shoulder. As he is about to kiss my lips again we are interrupted by someone knocking and opening the door.

"Alpha, i was wondering if- oh god. I'm sorry!" Micah's eyes widen as he sees our position. Xavier's face less than an inch away from mine, one of my legs slightly wrapped around his waist and our lips swollen.

Xavier growls while I hop down from his desk and hide behind him. "Micah, I believe that when you enter someone's office or room, it's polite to knock first. Now what the hell do you want?" You can tell Xavier is upset about us being interrupted.

"I was wondering if Steven, Lucy, and I could talk." He looks over Xavier's shoulder towards me. I avoid his gaze and hide further behind Xavier. I don't want to talk to them. They made it perfectly clear they didn't want me as their sister. Now, why can't they leave me the hell alone?!

"I'm not so sure now is a good time. I havent had much time with my mate as you already know. You both had years to speak with her. I've had a month and for more than half of it, she was asleep."

Uh-oh. This isn't going to end well.

"But you rejected her!" Micah shouts back.

"And I took it back!" Xavier yells, enraged.

"Did she accept you as her mate? Maybe she is just going into her early stages of heat! You don't know! I saw her and Peter together a while ago. Maybe she's with him!" Micah says getting closer to us.

I gasp at his accusation. How dare he?! He has no reason to say anything about this. Xavier growls loudly and pushes Micah into the wall. "Get the fuck out of my office. Neither you or Steven are to be near here! Get out before my wolf takes control!" Xavier grabs Micah and throws him out.

Xavier's hands are in a first and he is shaking. His eyes are almost black. I walk up to him and grab his hand. He stares at me with angry eyes. "Is what he said true? Are you with Peter?"

I shake my head no. I can't believe he thought that. I can't believe he believed what Micah said.

"Are you lying to me?" he asks in a cold voice. His eyes are almost completely black. i shake my head no again.

"Do you accept me as your mate?" I nod. "Say it." I just stare at him and back away.

"Say it!" He steps closer to me. I want to say yes, but I can't. "Say it, damn it!" He stands infront of me, pinning me to the wall. I feel my eyes water as he begins to shake with anger. I remember when he hit me and unconsciously I lift my hand to feel the scab on my lip.

"WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU SAY IT?!" He screams at me. "Why must you be mute? Stop being afraid! Just say it! Fucking TALK!!! TOP BEING SO DAMN AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!!"

Tears are running down my face as I try to get the words out. I can't. No matter how hard I try, I can't. just a little squeak. He growls at me and punches the wall."

Suddenly everything goes black.