To Much Fear

I wake up to Xavier's hand in my hair. I look at him in confusion. His fingers trace where I got hit with the rock.

He moves his hand to my cheek and lightly touches my bruise. His fingers swoop down to my lips. His fingers stay there for awhile before he moves them to my side. He lifts my shirt and lightly touched my bruised side. He then moves his hand his hand to my burnt arm, again lightly touching it. His fingers trace around the tiny blisters that have sort of gone. He looks back up at me and sighs.

"Do you have any idea how sorry I am that this happened to you?" he looks at my arm, which hurt the most. I don't think I could ever cook bacon again. Hell, I'll eat it. But I won't cook it, not in this house.

I remember that me and Xavier have to talk so I get up, and grab my notebook, and tell him to wait here while I go to the bathroom. He nods and I go do my business.

I go back out to the bed and sit down. Xavier is checking something on his phone before putting it down and looking at me. "What is it?"

We need to talk.

He laughs. "The words no one wants to hear," he smiles but it quickly vanishes when I don't smile bacl. "Okay....so what do we have to talk about?"

Everything.

He raises his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"
The rejection, you having sex with Michelle, the coma, everything.

He reads it and gulps. "Why-why do we need to talk about that? I-I mean we are over that. We are over everything." He stutters.

No, we are not. We need to talk. It was a bad idea to take the roll of your mate when I still really haven't gotten over everything. I dont even know everything that happened.

"You're my mate. I made a huge mistake. I regret it so much. I did have sex with Michelle, but it doesnt matter now. I only want you. And I'm making sure no one hurts you, right? I thought you trusted me. I thought I made it up to you," he says starting to get angry.

If I had sex with another guy, would you simply let it slide?
I knew this would piss him off, but I needed him to get to the point.

"You are mine! No one else can touch you. No one is allowed to be with my mate but me! No one can touch what's mine!"

But someone can touch what's mine?

I see his eyes soften. "Listen, I don't want to have an argument. Should we really do this now? I mean you are still weak and something could happen."

We should have discussed this at the hospital. We are going to talk, Xavier.

He sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "Fine."

Why did you reject me?

I have to know why. He took me back when I woke up. Did it take him a whole month to realize he wanted to be with me or what?

"My father....my father would always tell me about you. I had never seen you before since I was usually gone and came back when you were asleep. I actually didn't even live here. I lived where my parents are now. He would say how you were a crazy person, how I needed to keep you under control. I needed to make sure you knew where your place was and that if you did find your mate, you were to go to his pack if he didn't reject you, you both would be kicked out. Micah also talked to me. He'd tell me of all the stuff you did or how he got you to cry.  believed it when you they said you killed your parents so I said you deserved it.

When I found out you were my mate," he continues, "I didn't know what to do. At first I thought since I was Alpha I couldn't get kicked out. But then I realized my father could take it back in a heartbeat. Plus, I thought you were crazy because of the rumor. So I rejected you," he looks down the whole time. I'm glad though, because I feel a stray tear fall down my face. I quickly wiped it away before asking another question.