=Chapter 43: Behind closed doors

Elliana:

I went to sleep with a smile on my face yesterday after my wonderful date with Massimo, and I also woke up with a huge smile this morning.

Today was going to be super exciting!

I will be felicitated for exceptional academic performance, and then, we're leaving for The Maldives!
I'm especially excited because all the bookings were done by Martin because he insisted on staying in their own hotel, which was opened less than a year ago and since then has skyrocketed in popularity, good reviews, and luxury. I guess I can't just give the credit to the hotel when it's located in a literal paradise.
Martin booked a total of 4 rooms: for Him and Savannah, my parents, Anastacia and Jason, and Massimo and I. This was my first time going on vacation with Massimo as his girlfriend.
I'd already packed my bags yesterday, after our date, and since we weren't leaving until this evening in my parents' private jet, we had more than enough time to come back home, rest, go over the packing, and then leave.

Finally, the millions of extra credit projects and classes I took this year and slogging away in those multiple internships I juggled at the same time all year paid off! I'm almost ready in my white full-sleeve shirt tucked into my checkered black and grey narrow-bottom skirt below my knees. Mrs. Paloma, my faculty mentor, informed me over an email last week that I have to be in formal for the award ceremony.

As I'm in the bathroom, going over my hair with the Dyson air-wrap a few more times to give my loose curls a little more definition before adding finishing touches to my subtle makeup, whose only function is to make my face a little livelier and not make me seem like I haven't slept in weeks (which I haven't; properly) because I was busy having the time of my life. A boyfriend beyond my wildest dreams, a supportive family, and finally having them balance with my academics...it feels like a dream. Managing time between my work and leisure has often proven to be challenging....but I can't believe I made it work.

My phone chimes in my room, and I don't have to see it to know who it is. I run out if my bathroom and unlock my phone to see a message with a lot of heart emojis

we just left for theceremony; will be reached in about 30 minutes or so ;) can't wait to see you and am super proud of you. Xx

can't wait to see you, too. I typed back with twice the hearts he sent.

I leave my room to meet my mom, standing in the living room, looking slightly annoyed, staring at her phone.

"Good morning, Mom," I drop in an uncertain tone. I don't know what's got her pissed at 8 am. is it work?

"Morning sweetheart" she said, forcing a smile

"where's dad?" I ask

"exactly what I've been wondering," she says before rolling her eyes. "has been getting ready for the past 2 hours. God knows what he is doing"

"jeez, I'm here, ok?" I hear a voice behind me. dad. in a navy blue tux, walking towards us as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I just took some extra time to fix my hair"

"Well is looks the same to me" my mom muttered

my dad gasped "you did not just say that!"

i swear, for man in his fifties, hes way more dramatic than his own teenage daughter.

it was long drive to college today, with all the traffic, but we made it well before time. we planned on eating breakfast at that bagel shop which is a few minutes away from campus by foot and headed there as soon as dad parked his car at the guest parking lounge.

when we returned to campus, we found Savannah, Martin, Massimo, Anastacia and Jason waiting for us right in front of the auditorium doors patiently, to meet us.

as we all said our hellos, hugged and kissed eachothers cheeks, everyone congradulated me for my achievements multiple times, before we headed inti the auditorium, with massimo and i being hand in hand.
Although I wasn't performing ot anything today, I did feel a little nervous about going on stage, in front of a 100 people, thanks to my social anxiety, which I totally thought I overcame, but turns out, no. I did feel better when I saw my parents and Savannah clapping for me as Martin and Massimo were recording my entire felicitation.
After the ceremony, we had a photos photoshoot; of me with my other fellow achievers of the year and then with my family.

It was almost 3 pm when we left the auditorium room, and as our families gushed over the trip, Massimo and I stood a little far, with both our hands linked together.

"I'm so happy today," he said, looking right into my eyes. "I literally can't wait to spend all my time with you. I'm taking all next week off work for the trip."

"What?" I ask, shocked. "But...aren't you taking over soon? I was surprised you were able to make it to the trip when you're 15 days away from becoming CEO"

"Baby, I spent over a year getting through lengthy clients and the pending work. Having no work in our hands at least one month before the change of ownership was a buffer," he smiled.

"Well, in that case, I can't wait for us to spend all the time with each other too. Especially....those behind locked doors," I said, activating my siren eyes and raspy voice.

Massimo's eyes darkened as he ever so slightly leaned towards me. "Oh yeah? What's that that cooking up in that creative brain of yours? Tell me what you wanna do to me?"

"I'd prefer doing it than talking. You know, since talking is not the only best thing my mouth can do."

He sharply inhaled. "Gosh, Elliana. How I wish we get there soon," he whispered.

Massimo:
I hurriedly stuffed my suitcase with some holiday-ish clothes, because I had of course left packing for the trip for 2 hours before takeoff. I'd just gotten yelled at by grand-mére for that, but I just hate packing.
My phone lights up with a call from Jason.

"Hey! You done with packing?"

"Yeah almost. All that's left are some beach shoes and my swimming trunks"

"Great! The airport's a little far from our home so we've left, we'll see you on the tarmac?"

"Of course. Well leave in 10 minutes. I just spoke to Mr. Barton, they just left too"

"Cool. See you man" he says before hanging up.
I finally stuff 2 pairs of swimming trunks and my beach sandals a d zip up the suitcase.

Let's get this trip on!