Pilot

As night fell over Seaside Island, as the village in the distance began to close for the night, Sticks the Badger rested on the roof of Shadow the Hedgehog's cottage, gazing up at the stars in the sky, sighing as she pushed herself up into a seated position.

Shadow, and his housemate Vanilla the Rabbit had departed that morning, supposedly leaving for the big city of Mobotropolis. Sticks knew deep down they wouldn't return today, although she still wished they would, as the day had been slow.

Not that she wasn't used to a slow day, having lived alone in the jungle outskirts of the island for a long time, rarely venturing into the village for fear of being shunned again. Luckily, the last time, she was able to help Shadow fend off the dirty criminals known as the Lightning Bolt Society, and as a result not only was she accepted by the village for her heroics, but also met Shadow, her idol whom she'd watched save the village many times from the Society, whom allowed her to stay at his home.

All of this led to the current moment, as she laid there, finally accepted, but still feeling alone with Shadow and Vanilla both leaving in a hurry following the news report the night before. She reached into her pocket on the pink nightgown Vanilla had given her to wear the night she moved in, pulling out the yellow Chaos Emerald which Shadow had left her with after taking it from Tyrone the Jackal, the leader of the Lightning Bolt Society, who, along with his partner and second in command Fiona Fox, had finally been jailed for their antics.

She held the Emerald as she laid back, slowly getting tired from boredom. She stood up slowly, before jumping off the roof and onto the grass, before shoving the Emerald back into her nightgown and heading towards the door.

As she approached the door, she suddenly heard rustling in the nearby forest, looking over to see nothing.

“Hello? Who's there?” She asked as she slowly approached the entrance to the forest, “Hmm…”

Confused, she turned around and walked back towards the cottage, opening the door and heading inside, closing the door behind her.

“Uuuuh…” Sticks heard a tiny childlike voice groan as she jumped, startled.

Turning around, right behind where she was standing, a young crimson red furred hedgehog girl, seemingly only around 5 years old and wearing a small dress, tried to stand up from a crawling position. Her face was stained with some soot, and she seemed weak.

“Can you help me, lady?” the young girl asked, before collapsing.

“Hold on, stay with me.” Sticks responded, grabbing the little girl before she could collapse, “What's going on?”

“My…daddy…he's hurt.” The girl whispered weakly as she coughed.

“Lemme get you some water.” Sticks suggested, picking up the little girl and taking her into the kitchen, filling a small cup with some tap water for her.

After the girl drank the water, regaining a little bit of strength, Sticks took the girl outside, heading into the forest, as the young girl gave her directions.

“What’s your name, sweetie?” Sticks asked as she ran holding the girl.

“Pr-Primrose. Daddy's this way.” The girl introduced herself as they neared a clearing in the forest, slowing down.

Sticks quickly shuffled behind a tree, watching as a familiar group of criminals surrounded a barely conscious older hedgehog man. The man had turquoise fur and quills, with peach fur on his arms and a tuft of white hair above his forehead. He wore a red checkered jacket, black jeans and boots, as three members of the Lightning Bolt Society stood over him.