Chapter 2 - Zombified Nick is Cured

"It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection."

*Flashback Chapter Part II*

Hank and Monroe continue to search for zombie Nick in the woods. Monroe struggles to stay with Nick's scent, given all of the other smells in the forest. Monroe finally catches Nick's scent again just as Hank receives a call from Captain Renard asking if they've caught Nick yet. Hank denies and lets Renard know where they are. Renard says that he, Juliette, and Rosalee are on their way from the bar fight scene. Just before they leave, the local Sheriff tells Renard that he tried to check the surveillance footage, but the system appeared to be down and he couldn't get anything. Renard tells him to call if he finds anything.

Zombie Nick watches a family arrive home. As they walk up to their front door, Nick rushes them. The husband fumbles with his keys in panic, trying to unlock he front door. The family rushes inside the house and closes the door in Nick's face. Nick bangs on the door before punching a hole in the door. He reaches in to unlock the door and walks in as the family runs upstairs to the room where a gun is kept. Nick hears them and leaps up the stairs. The family runs into a room and closes the door. They move a bookshelf in front of it. The husband tells his wife and kids to get into the closet while he grabbing a gun.

Monroe again loses Nick's scent, but he and Hank hear the family screaming in their house as Nick attacks, so they rush over quickly. Once there, they go inside and run up the stairs. Just as the husband gets the gun case open, Nick breaks through the door, knocking the bookshelf and the husband down and forcing the gun to fly across the room. Nick grabs the husband, but Hank grabs Nick and pulls him away. Hank and Monroe manage to pin Nick against a wall, but Nick breaks free and pushes them forcefully away. The husband hits Nick in the back of the head with a gun case, but Nick is unfazed and retaliates. Hank grabs a little statue and throws it at Nick, who hears it coming and reaches up his hand to catch it without looking, surprising Hank and Monroe. Hank and Monroe run out of the room to get Nick to follow them. Hank tells Monroe to go out the back and that he will lead Nick out the front. The plan fails as Monroe accidentally knocks over a lamp on his way by and attracts Nick's attention. Hank gets outside, and Captain Renard calls to get an update. Hank tells him the address of the house and says to hurry.

Hank and Monroe run into a barn near the house with Nick close behind. They climb up to the hayloft, trying to figure out how they can stop Nick. Monroe takes a step and the wood under his foot gives way alerting Nick. Hank and Monroe run to the other side of the loft, away from the weak floor. Hank pulls out his gun and Monroe grabs a shovel. Nick climbs up and pauses for a second while Hank and Monroe try to get him to recognize them. Nick starts coming towards them until he gets to the flimsy part of the floor and falls through, trapped. Hank and Monroe block the hole Nick fell through effectively closing him inside.

When a relieved Monroe and Hank walk back outside, Renard, Juliette, and Rosalee are pulling up. Monroe and Hank inform them that Nick is temporarily trapped. Worried, Juliette asks if he is hurt and Monroe says, "If he is, I don't think he knows it." Hank tells her as calm as he can, "Juliette, you have to understand, Nick is more animal than man right now." The husband comes out of the house with his gun angrily asking who the guy is that attacked him and his family, Renard says his name is "Thomas Schirach." The husband goes back in the house when he hears Nick in the barn banging around trying to get free. Hank, Renard, and Monroe go inside the barn. Monroe and Renard woge as Nick breaks free. Nick climbs out and goes after Renard first, and throws him aside attacking Monroe, who throws Nick into some carpenter wood. Hank tries to attack Nick, but Nick whirls around quickly and punches him to the ground. Monroe hits Nick over the back with a piece of wood, but it has little effect, and Nick knocks Monroe out of the way. Renard hits Nick in the back with a shovel, which leads to Hank kicking Nick in the face and Renard hitting him in the face with the shovel. Nick quickly recovers and pushes both of them away. Hank draws his gun and begs Nick not to force his hand. Just as Nick is about to charge Hank, Juliette calls his name,  he turns around as Juliette sticks the Piqure-Gigantesque in his stomach. Before she can inject him with the antidote, he backhands her across the face. Rosalee quickly rushes up and pushes the plunger. Nick pauses, looks down, and pulls out the Piqure-Gigantesque. He stumbles towards Rosalee, and Monroe steps in front of her and pleads with Nick, but Nick then falls to the ground. The gang puts him into the back of Renard's vehicle to take him to the spice shop just before multiple police cars arrive. On the way, Nick is shaking, and Juliette notices his pulse is really slow. Monroe suggests they try to keep him warm, and Rosalee gives Juliette her jacket to put on him. Monroe tells Renard that since his brother is responsible for everything, he hopes he wont let him get away with this.