❉ Chapter Eighteen ❉

Raylen,

I'm pissed at Kavonte. He's been staying out late, barely sleeping, and hardly been paying attention to me.

I forced him to stay home today and now we were having dinner, but it didn't help. He was just on his phone either texting or barking orders to someone. I stabbed my steak and glared at him.

"Fuck wrong witchu Raylen?" He sighed.

"You haven't even said a fucking THANK YOU OR EVEN TALKED TO ME THE WHOLE DAMN DAY!" I yelled at him.

"Aye chill out with that yelling shit, alright? I'm tryna find out who put a hit on my brother and why. I'm going through some shit right nah and you not even supportin me!" I grabbed my plate and beamed it at his head--I missed though.

"Go to hell!" I got up from the table but I didn't get far until he grabbed me.

"Raylen, you really testin me. Chill the fuck out" I slapped him. He held his cheek and nodded at me before he slipped on his slides and his coat.

"Alright, I'm sorry!" I told him with tears in my eyes. "Kavonte stop!" He was already out the door. I dropped to the ground and started sobbing. I shoulda just stayed single.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was walking to my Range but I saw Raheem standing near it--I wasn't in it for his bullshit today.

"Wassup baby?" I slapped him.

"Fucking call me your baby again and I'll put a bullet through your skull" He raised his hands.

"Damn man, don't hurt a nigga" He chuckled.

"Whatchu want anyway?" I said opening the passenger door and putting my stuff in the seat.

"Nothin, look I wanna take you out, just for lunch" He said. I slit my eyes and at him and nodded my head.

"No slick shit either" He smiled. I hopped in my car and followed him to wherever we were going.

********************

We had stayed out longer than planned and I knew Kavonte was gonna fuss--if he was even home. I looked at myself through the rear view mirror and noticed a black truck trailing behind me. Thinking nothing of it I nonchalantly switched lanes.

The truck followed me and I gasped picking up the speed limit. I grabbed my phone and called Kavonte.

"Babe?" I said shakily when another truck appeared next to me.

"What?"

"There are cars following-"

**CRASH**

I screamed as my car tipped over.

"RAYLEN?! RAYLEN" I blacked out.

Kavonte,

"Let me fucking see her!" I growled at the man behind the desk.

"I'm sorry sir, but for the tenth time, she is undergoing surgery."

"Look man, I can have you dead by-"

"Von just chill out" Quiara told me grabbed my forearm but I jerked away from her.

"I CANT FUCKING CALM DOWN. MY GIRL COULD DIE AND YALL ACTING LIKE SHIT IS GOOD WHEN IT AINT!" I roared at her.

"She's not just yours Kavonte. Other people love her too"