What now?

Maya's POV

I've been avoiding cowboy for the last few days and I have to say, it's hard. He tries to talk to me, but I just run off.

"Maya?" Riley says, noticing I was drifting off. "Umm, Lucas...he just...broke up with me." Riley said, tears running down her face.

"Oh honey, its okay, did he tell you why?" I asked her calmly trying not to go off and punch Lucas in the face.

"Yeah," She looked up at me. "Maya he loves you, and yeah it hurts that he loves you, but I'll get over it, I think you should talk to him." She replied.

"Yeah, maybe I should. Are you sure you'll be okay?" I asked, worried about her. She shakes her head yes and I walk out of her room.

I took me about ten minutes to get to Lucas's house. I knock on the door and he opens up quickly. "Maya?" He says confused.

"Hey Bucky Mic Boing Boing, we need to talk now!" I tell him while pushing him inside.

"Wait I need to give you something first," He pulls out a gold locket.

"It's beautiful." I say while he puts it on me.
I snap out of it because I remember the real reason why I came here in the first place.

"You broke her little heart Frier. That's the thing I didn't want to happen. I can't stand seeing her like this especially if you caused it! And then you decide to tell her you love me, really. Frier!" I snapped.

"I couldn't keep pretending Maya! I just couldn't. So I decided it was better to break up with her and tell her I like you than letting her hear it from someone else..." I cut him off.

"Who else knows Frier?" I ask him.

"Farkle, and he told me he was going to tell her if I didn't. So I told her, I didn't want her to be more heartbroken if she had to find out from Farkle. Maya I love you." He says getting closer to me.

"Hey cowboy, I told you I was confused about my feelings. I like you cowboy, I do. But all you're doing right now is confusing me more than I already am. Okay? And even if I did love you I can't date you. Get that through your head. I could never, I would never hurt my best friend like that!" I scream out.

He pulls out his phone and shows me his cover. "You know why I have this picture as my cover? Because that day Maya, was the best day of my life! And I keep hoping and praying that some how everyday would be like that because I have you. You're breaking my heart everyday you avoid me. I can't live with out you Maya, I can't!" He remarks.

"I'm sorry Frier, I just can't." I say then run out of his house.

I get to the stairway of my apartment and take out a picture of me and Lucas and put in the locket.

"Hope's for suckers." I say then walk into my apartment.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you guys want to see the pictures on Lucas's phone and in Maya's locket go back to the beginning of this chapter and press on the picture.

Okay bye my little Laya/Lucaya lovers