Chapter 8

Park Gyul's Point of View

"We have to go," Mister Kim took my wrist and pulled me to his car, parked on the other side of the road.

We were in a place I doubt is even accessible to the public. The ground was soil, and around it was a field of tall grasses. I could hear the noises of different insects hidden by those tall plants, but there was nothing else in this place. There were no signs of people or establishments.

Had not Mister Kim saved me, where would I be taken? It was quite a wonder, but not too much to give more thought. I was just glad I was safe, but the scene where my boss had taken a life before my eyes made me feel unsafe and terrified at the same time.

I sat inside his car, still shocked, but it slowly got into me.

Our ride back to the city was quiet; I wondered if he would even say something to me and explain why he was there.

I looked over him, back in my senses, and he glanced at me simultaneously.

"Iㅡ" I tried to speak but couldn't find the right words. What do I ask him?

"I saw what happened when you left the office. I followed you," he explained, but that was insufficient to answer all of the questions in my head.

He was now also a mystery to me.

Who is Mister Kim because he clearly isn't just a company CEO after what happened?

"I know you're confused." He sighed. "You just saw me kill five men."

I was again terrified, and my body automatically pressed on the door. He isn't going to harm me, is he? I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because if he was to do something to me, he had all the freedom to do so when we were in the middle of nowhere.

Still, I was alerted. I cannot fully entrust myself with a killer.

Hell, my boss is a murderer. That information bothered me.

"I sure as hell am," I managed to say, hugging myself as if that could protect me.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he says calmly, glancing at me again. "You can trust me, Gyul."

My mouth opened to almost gasp at hearing him call me by first name. But his latter sentence was off.

"H-how can I w-when you killedㅡ" I couldn't even say it.

"I killed them for you, don't worry." He gave me a reassuring smile, and it was so odd. How can he be so calm, as if he just didn't kill five people? "I killed them because you're under my protection."

Protection. I repeated mentally.

First, it was Suga. Now, Mister Kim.

Why am I being protected by these people? Because really, who even are they, and who even was I for them to protect me? They're not my family. They're not even my friends. I was no one to them, but Mister Kim even went to the extremities of killing people to protect me?

"You sound psychotic," I blurted out, but unfortunately for me, he was able to hear that. However, it was even more amusing how he just laughed at my comment.

The road he was taking was on the way to my new apartment complex. Then I realized that I did not even know where he was taking me. I just got inside his car and let him take me to wherever he wished.

I firmly closed my eyes and mentally slapped myself for that stupidity. Yet at the same time, I can't even blame myself. I was shocked. Being abducted and then seeing my boss kill someone was too much to process.