Chapter 12

Park Gyul's Point of View

Despite the echoing voices of the people outside, I felt alone as I stood in the middle in front of my parents wake in agony. The black dress hugged my small frame, the layers beneath providing warmth but never reaching the coldness of my beating heart.

I felt cold. I felt empty. I felt dead even if I was breathing.

My tender mind couldn't grasp the fact that at my age, I was alone when my parents died in a car accident. I could've been with them, but I was left at home at the last minute because I might just get bored at the place where they were going. It made sense to me. I would rather play with my dolls at home than get bored.

Before they departed, I was in their room, playing with the doll they had recently bought for me as a present. I watched them both get dressed, not knowing that it would also be my last time seeing them.

I kissed their cheeks and hugged them goodbye, not knowing that was the last time.

Soon, the numbness subsided. I found myself a spot in the corner. I was still sitting to where I could see my parents while also watching people come and go.

The funeral was arranged by my aunt, my birth mother's stepsister. But I wondered, after this, where will I go? My little mind didn't know, but all I wanted to do was to dream and think of my family's happiest moments with my toy by my side, reminding me of what I had that was now gone.

"Auntie?" My little voice called her. The woman squatted down to my level, wearing the sweetest yet gentlest smile on her lips.

"Where do I go now?" I was afraid of being alone. I had no grandparents, too. I only had auntie.

"You'll be with me from now on, sweetie."

"Will you be my mommy from now on?" My little eyes sparkled despite the storm, happy that I wasn't alone after all.

She nodded. "Of course, love. From now on, me and your uncle Geon are your mommy and daddy."

"We have a problem," Yoongi said as soon as we entered the living room, where the boys were already gathered.

"It's me," I acted pretty, masking my nervousness, which irritated Yoongi.

"We missed a lot of information about her. And what I mean by a lot is we missed pointing out that her parents in her birth certificate are related to the Parks." Yoongi sat by the end of the table, and I sat adjacent to him by the corner with the other boys distributed equally on both sides.

"What?!"

It was Jin who reacted, and he was sat opposite to me.

I couldn't look at them even if I wasn't aware of how huge of a problem I was. I know I am a huge problem, just not how much. However, based on the sudden tension from the newly unlocked information, I can estimate that it's a matter of life and death, or maybe I'm exaggerating. I do not know anymore.

"No wonder your information was suspicious," Taehyung calmly said, staring keenly at the glass of water before him. "I tried a lot of things to figure out why it felt that way, but from what I could gather, you're information was just too clean to be suspicious. I lacked on that end." He then looked at Yoongi and bowed his head. "I should've listened to my intuitions, boss. I'm sorry." He was tensed.

"You just put us into a serious mess," it was Jungkook, brows knitting together as his tongue played with his piercing.

"No. It's the Parks. Of course, they'll be able to hide things greatly. You did your best, Tae," Yoongi assured him, and I noticed Taehyung relax from that. This was probably what Jungkook was saying. Even if one makes a mistake, Yoongi will still tell you did okay.