Chapter 14

Park Gyul's Point of View

"T-Taemin? What are you doing here?" I managed to ask in a shaky voice while I took slow steps backward, with him forwarding until we were inside my unit.

He was by himself, dressed in a leather jacket, shirt, and black pants.

"I came to take what's mine. It's been so hard finding you, sweetheart, and this was where you have been hiding all along?" Then, he looked around the room. "So, is there anyone protecting you again?" He hissed. "Who even are they?"

"No one's protecting me. What do you mean?" I played a fool, making me laugh.

"Oh, come on. So you're telling me your father is the one who provided you with those bodyguards? I doubt. It would've been them if I already had you with me." He smirked and sat down on the sofa in the living room.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I still played clueless.

He sighed. "It's fine. It doesn't matter. I came here to apologize and start anew with you."

I could only stare at him. "I should not have threatened you. I should have asked you the right way," he continued.

It's too late for that, I thought to myself.

"Let's get married, Gyul. I promise to give you a good life and the freedom you want as long as you become my wife and give me an heir. That's it, and after that's done, do whatever."

"Why do I have to marry you?" I asked despite knowing his true purpose. Power, that's it. "Why should we have an heir?"

"So my father can give me his business," he answered truthfully, although I knew it was only a part of the truth. "Look, you'll receive the same anyway. Your father told me he'll make you CEO once we're married. Isn't that a win-win?"

"No!" I still refused. "I don't love you."

He sighed. "And you think I do with you?" He raised his brow at me. "Love is for the weak." He laughed after that.

"But seriously, Gyul, think about it. I know you ran away from home after our engagement because you've had enough of your father controlling and dictating everything that you should do, but once we get married, you'll get the freedom you still want. You won't be under his roof, so he has no say in what you do anymore. In our home, you'll be the one in charge, I promise. We won't need to give a fuck with each other's business and sleep in separate rooms if that's what you truly want."

"Can we get a divorce then?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Sounds impossible. But you can love someone else if you'd like."

I pouted.

"I'll give you a week to think about it. I'll pay a visit again. Tell me what your decision is, yeah?"

I didn't respond, but he seemed satisfied with his visit today. He stood up and patted my shoulder. "I'm serious with everything I said today. Please really consider it."

And he was out of my unit.

The days went on, and I sometimes found small gifts from him on my doorstep. He would send me flowers, jewelry, and even goods, of which everything was to my liking. His apology seemed sincere, but I was still scared of him.

He's assaulted me before, and marrying him would only be permission for him to do those things to me. If I had not known his true character, thanks to Yoongi and the others, I would have fallen for his trap and considered him sincere in starting a new one. But now comes my next problem: how do I reject him again and ensure my life won't be at risk?