Prologue

"I have loved you through life and death

"I have loved you through life and death. Through your unjustified silence. Through your dislike and your hate. I gave up everything for you. I tried everything in my capacity to help you and your family. Even if it cost me pain. Ultimately, I could be everything. A woman. A daughter. A daughter-in-law. A wife. And I fulfilled each and every single duty of mine with everything I had within myself. But whatever I did. You never understood me." I looked deep into the eyes of the beautiful woman in front of me. Tears streaming down her face.

Each word she spoke was known to me very well but seeing her finally breakdown in front of me...

Felt earth shattering.

It rattled me to my very core.

"You never understood me. You never even tried. And it was not because you never had the chance." She continued her tone low.

"No no." She shook her head frantically.

"You never even trusted me enough to consider understanding me."

"You understood every single person in this world. You understood even the ones who wronged you. You understood the characters that you wrote and read about. You even understood your lifeless sculptures more than you ever understood me." She looked at the open sky above us. The twinkling stars and the dark clouds that thundered loudly.

"Amara..." I slowly started. My voice feeling foreign even to me.

"Amara? So, you do know my name..." She laughed without any humour. Almost as if she was mocking herself.

"You, Abhimanyu Acharya are a bloody hypocrite. You are such a fucking hypocrite that you drew assumptions on me based on every one sided story you heard." She looked straight into my eyes. Her eyes bloodshot and red. Her kajal had finally given up and started to flow along with her tears.

She looked heartbroken. She looked broken.

Amara Roy looked broken.

"I understand that you always considered me a spoilt brat. Who thought she could get anything in this world that she wanted with money alone? I also know as you have said to my face just today that I don't value anyones life."

I felt ashamed at hearing the words that I very clearly had told her myself. The poison that I had inside me. For years. Had finally made its way out and I hated it.

"Yes, I am spoilt. Yes, I am bratty. Yes, I am my family's princess. I am that with every right. Why is it wrong for my family to love and pamper me? Why is it wrong for me to get anything I want that doesn't hurt anyone else? Why do you think that I murdered your bestfriend and used my privileges to cover it up as suicide?" She pursed her lips hard while anting loudly.

"Did you once... Did you even once ask me what your best friend had done? Did you for once ask me why I rejected him? No."

I looked at her finally a single tear leaving my eyes. I was wrong. I had been wrong. Half truths are nothing but a lie. And I had been hating Amara my whole life because of a lie?