Chapter 9 - Max and Will

3rd Person

Will rushed over to his bedroom, grabbing his phone and dialing Max's number. She picked up almost immediately and Will began to talk excitedly.

"Max! Mike kissed me this morning!" Will squealed.

"Seriously? I thought things weren't working out with you two?" Max was obviously shocked, and Will giggled slightly.

"Yeah so did I but when he left the house he talked to me like, properly and he kissed me!" Will blurted, and a huge grin spread across Max's face.

"Finally! I knew you'd be fine." Max let out a gentle sigh of relief, and Will smiled.

"How are you and Lucas?" Will asked her as she hasn't said much about herself lately.

"We're good, but he's out at work right now, boring!" Max blew a raspberry and Will scoffed.

"How are you still this immature." Will giggled softly, and Max gasped.

"I am not immature you little turd-.. Oh yeah." She realized, and Will began to laugh.

"Oh yeah, Dustin called round yesterday! He's back in town for a while, we should all go and see him." Max told Will, who nodded before remembering Max couldn't see him.

"We should all meet up again, it's been ages since the entire party was together." Will agreed.

"Yeah I miss all you nerds." Max teased, and Will scoffed.

"You're so rude, why am I even friends with you." Will joked, and Max gasped.

"Excuse me! You know you love me, I'm too irresistible." Max grinned.

"Sure, sure." Will rolled his eyes, and Max could hear the sarcasm laced in his voice.

"I don't like how sarcastic you are, it's very rude. I'm the sarcastic one." Max whined.

"I'm never sarcastic." Will scoffed, and Max let out a scoff.

"That's a complete lie and you know that." She muttered.

"Whatever, are you at home right now?" Will asked her.

"Yeah why?" Max sounded confused.

"I still have that packet of cigarettes." Will grinned.

"On my way, meet me outside." Max giggled before ending the call.

Will let out a small laugh, and he left his room, grabbing the pack of cigarettes from the kitchen counter on his way out.

He opened the front door and saw Max walking over, looking down at her phone.

"Don't you look great." Will giggled, examining her outfit.

Max was walking over to his house in a pyjama top that could fit about five people in it and some checkered sweatpants that look like something from the 1980's.

"Shut it, Byers." Max rolled her eyes, slinging her phone in her pocket.

"Remember who has the cigs." Will grinned, holding up the packet of cigarettes in his hands.

"Ugh, whatever." Max scoffed, sitting down next to Will on the porch.

Will already had a cigarette in his mouth by the time she sat down, and she frowned slightly.

"I thought you were trying to stop." She remembered.

"Well, I was. And then the arguments with Mike happened and I was so fu- bloody stressed." Will stopped himself from swearing.