chapter eight

My mind was a mess and everything was a blur. Everything is so unreal and nothing makes sense. I couldn't go back to Alex's house because I already left him a note telling him I was leaving, what if he already saw it? I had no choice but to go back home. Home is where the misery is, I thought to myself.

I started walking back home, since I had no where else to go. My dad probably made it home already. Shit. I hate my father. He is an abusive drunk and it's dumb because my mom still gives him chances even after all the times he had hit us. She says it's because she loves him, but that's no excuse because in my opinion, sometimes, you have to let the things you love most go, because sometimes, it can cause more harm than help. Like, if a druggie loves meth he or she should probably let that habit go, because it causes way more harm than help.

I found myself standing at my front door. I knew my father was here because his peice of shit car was parked outside. I didnt wanna go inside it was almost three in the morning and I'm pretty sure my father would still be awake and probably drunk.

I heard glass break and I automatically knew he was drunk. I could hear my mom sobbing from the bathroom window. I can't just leave her here alone with this dickhead of a father, so I walked in my front door to face all of shit that was going to happen. My dad came into the entrance hall where I was standing and threw a porcelain plate in my direction and missed.
"Who the hell are you and why the fuck are you here?" My dad yelled while slurring his words. It's only been seven years since I last saw him, had he already forgotten my face?
"It's your daughter. Now move out of the way so I can go to my room and sleep. Oh, and while you're at it, go fuck yourself!" I said with a bitchy tone and shoved past him.
"Why are you home so late young lady!" He kept slurring and I just ignored him. I didn't need his bullshit. Not tonight.
I went to my room and shut the door. I felt like shit and I laid my face into my pillow hoping that I could go to sleep and wake up and this whole day would have been just a dream.
I must have laid there for about three minutes before my dad slammed open my door, scaring the shit out of me.
"I asked you a fucking question! Why the hell were you home so late?!" He was only two feet away and I could smell the cheap alcohol on his breath.
"It doesn't matter. It doesn't concern you."
"Where you out fucking with a shit ton of guys like the fucking whore you are?!"
"Thanks. Love you too" I rolled my eyes.
"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me you bitch!" He yelled as he hit me across the face.
"Fuck you! You're such an asshole!" I said in tears. "I don't understand how mom could love a dick head like you!" I shoved passed him again and ran out of the house. I knew it was a mistake to come back home. I brushed my hand against the spot on my cheek where he had it me. It was already swelling a bit and it was bleeding from the ring he wears. I could feel it bruising.
"Why did u have to leave?" Alex messaged me.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left. It would have been better if I stayed and maybe none of this shit would have happened." I replied.
"What happened? Where r u? Can you come back..?"
"It doesn't matter. I'm outside my house and yeah I can come back. I would rather be there than here anyway. Its fine if I stay at your place tonight?"
"Of course." And with that, I was on my way back to his house. Once again.