Chapter nine

When I got to his house he was sitting on his porch, waiting for me.
"Are you okay love?" He asked with a sympathetic look in his eyes.
"When am I ever okay?" With my reply he grabbed my hand and led me inside. I sat on the couch while he went to make us both some tea.
My eyes started to get watery and he noticed.
"Now, tell me what's wrong." He said.
"Everything." I looked down and another tear rolled off my chin and onto my pants.
"You're gonna have to be more specific than that love."
"Everything is just shit Alex. Everything."
"How so?"
"Well, I mean, I left your house in a really good mood but everything just went downhill because I went to Claire's since I didn't wanna go home. My shitty ass dad is home and I don't like that. Anyway, when I got to her house I saw something. Something bad. I panicked and I ran home but when I got home my dad was drunk my mom was in tears and something bad happened again. So I came here...I have no where else to go Alex. Everything is fucked and nothing is good. Nothing is ever good for me anymore. I just want it all to stop. I need a timeout from things. From everything. I just need the world to be on pause for good week or two and the world to stop turning because with everything going on its all crazy and overwhelming and it hurts. I just need it to stop. "That's when I broke. Even more tears flooded from my eyes. I felt like I was drowning. I couldn't breathe and I really just wanted to fucking breathe because with all of this it was hurting my head and it was shitty.
"I still don't get it...what happened at Claire's? What happened when you got home?"
"I can't talk about this right now Alex. I just really need some sleep right now, okay?" I dried my tears the best I could as he and I walked into the bedroom.
I got under the covers and I felt secure. His presence made thing better.

"Time to wake up love, it's almost two in the afternoon" he said softly shaking me. Sleepily I rubbed my eyes and sat up. He handed me a glass of ice water. The cold felt great running down my throat. "Are you going to tell me what the hell happened last night? And what happened to your cheek?" Shit. I almost totally forgot about last night. "Well?" He wanted answers. He deserved answers.
"It was from my dads ring." He looked confused. He sat down on the bed and I told him everything. Tears threatened to spill again. God I was so weak. He lifted my chin to face him and placed a soft kiss on my lips and he pushed my hair out of my face and behind my ear. My eyes locked with his. His dark dreamy eyes.
"I'm not going to tell you that things will get better, I can't guarantee that. Eventually you will adapt to all the shit so it won't seem so bad. I'm here for you love. Anytime you need something I'm here and please don't forget that. I don't want you being sad or upset over anything because you mean so much to so many people, to me. I want to help make you happy." He closed his eyes and shook his head. "You don't even realize how important you are." That was all it took. It was my turn. I made him look at me and pressed my lips against his hard enough for him to give a surprised look. He took off his shirt and he took off mine. We were going down this road again. Before I knew it, we were completely undressed and breathless.
"Don't leave this time."
"I wasn't planning on it" I smiled and he pulled me closer to him.
"Hey don't freak out but, I love you."
Mindlessly I responded "I love you too" on different terms I probably would panicked but it just felt right.