Chapter twelve

We got to his house and he helped me unpack.
"You should get some rest, you have had a long night, I can finish unpacking for you." his concerned eyes always got to me. I was exhausted and his blanket was soft and the bed was just very inviting. when I laid down I automatically fell asleep and woke up the next day at two in the afternoon. Given the fact that I went to sleep at like 6 in the morning, I was exhausted.
"How'd you sleep love?" He planted a a kiss on my forehead.
"Fine. Did you even go to sleep?"
"No, after I unpacked your things I couldn't fall asleep." His eyes were blood shot and it was very obvious how tired he was.
"You should get some sleep..."
"Why haven't you been going to school?" He changed the subject.
"Why haven't you?"
"I didn't want to."
"Well me either. Seriously, you should get some sleep." And with that he laid down and closed his eyes.

I called Claire. After three rings her dad picked up.
"Kristy, Claire is in the hospital. She will be getting transferred to a facility tomorrow. She will be back around nine or ten days."
"Is she okay?" He could hear the worry in my voice.
"She's breathing." And he hung up. I started crying again but only a few tears escaped. I felt empty. I didn't know what to do. So I just laid down next to Alex and tried to sleep. Of corse I couldn't, because I missed my best friend. I was worried about her. She was my everything and if I lost her I would have lost myself. I was so glad she was alive but I hated that I couldn't be there for her.
Caught in my own thoughts, I didn't even realize that three hours had past and Alex was already trying to get my attention. My mind was unfocused and I was staring into space.
"Kristy, are you okay?" He shook my arm slightly and woke me from my trance.
"Sorry."
"Are you okay love?"
"Yeah I'm fine..."

Later we got some food and watched some movies until we fell asleep. What woke me was my phone buzzing.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Kristy! Oh thank god you answered I have missed you dude and I need you not to worry. I will be fine and I promise something like this won't happen again. I love you dude."
"Oh my god Claire! Holy shit I'm glad you're okay! You scared the shit out of me. I'm the one that found you... To see you like that.. It was heartbreaking..."
"I know I'm sorry but I called to let you know that when I get back we are going to hang out and We are going to have so much fun!" I heard a voice in the background. "Shit, I gotta go dude love you tons, bye!" And she hung up.
I already felt better knowing she was okay. If she's okay then I'm okay. With this thought I fell asleep.