Chapter eleven

I looked into Alex's eyes. He was pissed. I have never seen him so angry before. He wasn't even facing me he was glaring at my father and he looked like he was ready to attack.
"Hey shit head!" He yelled to my father. My drunken dad turned around nearly falling over and walked back towards us.
"What do you want punk?" He shot back. Before I knew it, Alex threw a punch at my dad and hit him right in the nose. He must have hit him pretty hard because my father tipped over and landed on his ass. He hit his head and he was knocked out.
"How about you show some fucking respect, asshole!" He shouted and then my mom walked in.
"What the hell is going on?" She looked sleepy and confused, her eyes widened at the sight of my father on the ground.
"He's a piece of shit mom. He was drinking again and he fucking hit me! More than once this time and I'm so fucking done with this family! Consider me a stranger. I don't want to be apart of any of this! Not anymore." I started crying again. This time Alex hugged me tight and wiped my tears away. She didn't even say anything, she just walked into the bedroom and went back to bed. "She doesn't even fucking care." I mumbled.
"Which way is your room?" Alex asked. confused, I pointed up the stairs to the only room that was up there besides the spare. Without hesitation he headed upstairs.
Not long later he came back down with at least five of my bags filled with my things.
"What are you doing?" I asked confused.
"If you're done with this family then you're coming to live with me." He didn't even give me a choice, not that I wanted anything different. "I don't want you around this family, treat you terrible and you deserve way better. Go look in your room and see if I forgot something that you need." I did what he told me and he basically got everything. I swiped a picture of me and Claire that was sitting on my dresser. I hoped she was alright.
We got outside and we started walking to his house. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. Inhale. Exhale.
"Those things are bad for you, you know that right?" He stated.
"Does it look like I give a damn?" I replied blowing out smoke.