Chapter ten

It felt right being with him but I'm not sure. I know I told him I would leave but I didn't want to stay still. I couldn't sleep. I mean it was only 6pm but I didn't want to stay in one place. Standing still was never my thing. I eased myself out of bed and slipped my clothes back on.
"I thought you said you weren't going to leave." he sounded wide awake.
"I was just going to go for a walk. I can't sleep. You can join if you want..." Without another word he got up and put his clothes on. Not to much later we were walking out the front door.
"Where are we walking exactly?" He asked.
"I have something I have to do." he didn't question it anymore. I guess I was walking fast because he was struggling to keep up.
"Why are you walking so damn fast?"
"I'm sorry"
"It's fine" he said grabbing my hand and pulling me into him. He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. "You seem tense. what's up?"
"Are you really asking me that after everything that happened last night?"
"Right, sorry." I just kept walking. Soon we found ourselves at my house.
"Have to check on my mom... I have to make sure everything is okay." He just nodded understandably and waited outside.
I walked in my front door and everything seemed fine, nothing out of place.
"Mom?" I called out. My dad came running to the doorway.
"Where the hell have you been? We were worried sick!" My father yelled.
"Okay uh that's bullshit!" I responded.
"Watch your mouth. You can't talk to me like that I'm your father. Show some damn respect."
"I will show respect as soon as you are done being a drunk dick head!" My bitchy tone was coming out.
"Excuse me? And what the hell happened to your face?"
"Oh wow. You don't even remember! When I came home last night you drunk and you started talking shit and then you fucking hit me! Prick!" His face was blank and for once I think he might have been sober. Well, I almost thought so until he sighed and it smelt of cheap liquor. "Damn dad. You're on a roll. You're still not sober. Dad of the fucking year." I rolled my eyes and I was about to leave until he grabbed my arm and pulled me around to face him again. He look me right in the eye and said "what? Like this?" And he hit me again and again and again. When let go I felt something dripping off my face, I wasn't sure if it was tears or blood.
Before walking away he punched my in the side. "Don't ever disrespect me ever again." He said with a stern look on his face. "Everything I do is out of love of you and your mother."
"Bullshit." I whispered under my breath. "Where is she?"
"Asleep. You should probably leave you're not wanted right now." Now I knew I was crying for sure. I felt a hand grab mine. It was Alex. I have no idea how long he had been standing there.