Chapter 1 - Meeting the Magnificent Milo Manheim 😍

Hey, I'm back with something new! I'm a big fan of the Disney Channel movies, and a couple weeks ago, I discovered the "Zombies" series, three movies total. They may seem a bit cheesy, but they're really good, and the music is great! I fell in love with the series, and my mind (and heart, but don't tell my hubby 😉) latched itself onto the young heartthrob Milo Manheim. Thought I would try my hand at a fanfic about him falling for a camerawoman, from her point of view. Enjoy!!

~ ~ ~

"Oh my gosh, there's Milo Manheim. He's even more good-looking in person, even with his zombie look. Micheala, I'm gonna faint."

I had just gotten this job, and this was my first day. I was standing on the set to the third Zombies movie in Toronto, Canada, and the actors were all mingling with each other before a musical number that would take place in the zombie neighborhood set—the "Ain't No Doubt About It" song that Zed—Milo—and Addison—Meg Donnelly—sing together. They were into their relationship, and they were singing about hoping that everything would continue to be okay for them since Addison was going to Mountain College while Zed was hoping to be the first zombie going to it. They were nervous about the future. The whole song was basically them just trying to convince themselves that everything would be fine.

"Girl, you're going to be working with him for the next month. Just relax."

"I don't know how I'll be able to. I'm obsessed with the movies, mainly because of him. He's just so dreamy and a nice person and a great singer and actor..."

"You're completely lovestruck. I think you'll feel better if you just go over and talk to him. How far away are you from him right now?"

"Um... maybe thirty feet?" Milo suddenly looked in my direction as he was talking with Meg Donnelly, or Addison, a human girl who falls for Zed. And spoiler—Addison is actually an alien. Yes, a love story of a zombie and alien. Cool, right? Aside from Milo being in the movie, that plotline sucked me in. I had a morbid love of zombie movies, most especially zombie love stories. Well, the only other one I knew about was Warm Bodies. This series was far more family friendly. I liked to describe it as Warm Bodies, High School Musical and Romeo and Juliette meshed together.

"What?" my best friend of twenty years demanded since I paused for a little while.

"He's looking over!" I hollered in a whisper. "I gotta go."

"Okay. You better talk to him."

"Okay, bye. Love ya."

I hung up before she responded, and I noticed that Milo hadn't looked away. My whole face started to burn, and I knew he saw it since he smirked. He looked away finally, and I immediately did so as well since I felt mortified. Whenever I got embarrassed, my face matched my hair. Worse, actually, according to anyone who saw me. My face resembled a cherry.

The scene started, and I got to work. I didn't spend six years studying film for nothing. I got behind a camera and started shooting as the characters talked and then started singing. I loved Milo's singing voice. I would have to try and not go into a daze while filming.

I was at the camera that the director, Paul Hoen, was looking into while the scene was being shot. This was the first take, like the rough cut. We would most likely shoot this a dozen times before it reaches perfection.

As I watched in the camera the actors sing and dance, I was in awe. They all were so talented. The singing came on over a speaker, but the actors still sang so their lips would match the words. Once the shot was through, Paul gave out instructions to everyone, and the shot was done again. I looked from behind the camera and saw that Milo was looking at me again. I hid behind the large camera, my cheeks burning and my heart pounding.