Chapter 4 - Living on the Other Side for One Evening 💎

We made it back to the hotel at around eight in the evening. We had dinner after being on CN Tower—we headed to a pizza place and enjoyed some pizza. As was predicted, everyone was immensely proud of themselves for going up the CN Tower and standing near the window. I myself was proud of doing it. Now I could say I had done it.

"Okay, that was the first and last time I'm going to do that," I said after Milo and I stepped onto the fifth floor and the others went on up. "But I admit that my fear of heights has decreased a little. I might be brave enough to go to the top floor of this hotel. Maybe the roof."

"I think I can say the same thing." We walked a little more, Milo with his hands in his pockets. "So... sorry again for just grabbing you and hugging you in that elevator. It was almost an impulse."

He could do that any time. "It's okay. It was actually nice since I forgot that we were going higher and higher. Thanks for that."

"You're welcome, and it helped me, too."

We walked rather slowly to our suites, and I felt like I had to fill the silence. Maybe I could ask him about the mansion. "So... just out of curiosity, what made you choose the mansion as a place to visit?"

"That was actually Trevor's idea. He wanted to see it since a member of his family knows someone who owned it not long ago."

Again, I was thinking to much about the reason for going there. "Wow, really? Small world."

"I know, right? But you liked it. I could tell."

"As could everyone else. But... yeah, it was pretty amazing, seeing and feelings the history. You know, one of the reasons why I love living in LA is because it's historical. I feel like people forget that because of Hollywood."

"Hey, Hollywood is history. Old movies, phenomenal actors that paved the way for those after them..."

"I wholeheartedly agree." I looked up at him, smiling. "You and I think the same."

"Great minds think alike." I giggled at that. "You have a nice laugh. Just so you know."

My heart jumped, not expecting that complement. "Thank you. No one's even said that to me before."

"Seriously? Okay, something's wrong with the people in LA."

He was so sweet in saying that. "Thank you. So... you had fun today, too? I mean, CN Tower was exiting, but I think I was the only one enjoying that mansion."

"Hey, I enjoyed it, too. Or... I guess I rather enjoyed watching you enjoy it. It was like the Hall of History, only it was a whole building. You had a grin on your face the whole time, and... that so endearing to me. Knowing that one of my friends was in heaven made me enjoy the experience a whole lot more."

We stopped in the hallway, and I looked up at him, at his handsome face complemented with those adorable glasses. "You are seriously one of the nicest people I've met, Milo. I know I said that not long ago, but it's true. You take pleasure in seeing others happy."

Such a cute blush entered his cheeks. "Well, it's why I do what I do."

"I know."

Again, we had a moment of just gazing at each other. My whole body started to feel like it did going up that elevator, only this was for a whole other reason. I should move on with another conversation. We started walking again slowly. I said, "So, you met some of your fans today. That's exciting, right?"

He caught on to the subject change, of course, but didn't say anything of it. "Of course. Every time. Again, it's very flattering."

Especially when the fans are beautiful girls who were slightly older than you, I grumbled in my mind. "I bet. You have fans even in Toronto. Well, I guess your fans would know that you're filming the movie, so..."