Chapter 7 - He's Exceptional and They've Gone Viral 📱

Good morning, beautiful! We're rehearsing "Exceptional Zed" in the high school gym today, and it should take all day. You want to come and watch?

It was six in the morning, but we both knew that the other would be up. We both were early risers.

Good morning, good-lookin'! And of course I want to! You headed out now?

I'm actually already at the school.

Wow, really? You were up early. I'll head out as soon as I can.

Ok! Can't wait to see your pretty face.

He added a heart eyes emoji, and I giggled. It had been a few days since the rooftop, and only a few people knew about our relationship—Milo's mom and best friend, my sister, Meg and Matt. He only knew since he was the last person to push me to start a relationship with Milo. We hadn't called each other boyfriend or girlfriend yet. We had yet to make it official. But still, I was over the moon.

I can't wait to see yours, too 😉

Oh, you think I'm pretty huh?

Pretty, gorgeous, hot... you name it.

He probably grinned at that. Right back at chya.

I hadn't been like this with someone since Matthew, being sweet and cute with each other. It made my chest pinch. Well, see you in about an hour. I have to eat breakfast, then I'll head over.

Ok, see ya.

A kiss emoji. This guy had it bad, which was amazing. The fact that I was even involved with him blew my mind. An actor, singer, theater performer, a great guy who didn't let his head get too big... I scored the jackpot.

I hadn't done my makeup yet, so I did so. Milo said that I was beautiful with or without it. Of course he would say that. Would a guy say that a girl looked better with than without makeup? Or... he really meant it. It made me think of Elvis Presley. He made his girlfriend wear makeup and do her hair a certain way, and he even made her dress a certain way. Milo was nowhere near like that. I felt sorry for Priscilla Presley, then Beaulieu. And it was the sixties. Same idea, though.

All ready, I headed out, and I stopped at Starbucks on the way to the school. I was going to sit down and eat a muffin and drink some coffee along with it, but the moment I stepped in, people looked at me and stared. I had been in here before, so I didn't know what was different. It was kind of unsettling.

As I ordered, the people behind the counter who weren't at the register whispered among themselves while looking at me. What was that all about?

I got my order to go, and I sat in my car and ate it, thinking about what just happened. The only reason people would be whispering about me would be because...

"Oh, no... People know about me and Milo. But how? Those we talked promised to not to say a thing."

Maybe it leaked out anyway. It was bound to happen. I would have to ask Milo. But he would've mentioned it while texting me earlier. I wouldn't text him now since he was probably busy singing dancing.

I ate my breakfast then headed to the school. I parked near the gym and went on into the building, into the hallway outside the gym. This reminded me so much my high school days and entering the gym before a pep band game. It was either basketball of volleyball.

I saw myself as I walked passed a glass case that had trophies and pictures in it, and I saw my reflection. I had my hair down and waving passed my shoulders. It would be a warm day, but I just felt prettier with my hair down. Milo, again, said he liked it either way—up or down. That guy... What a sweetheart.