Behind the Velvet Curtains

*Phantom Casino Branch London

The Phantom Casino's splendor was unmistakable. Chandeliers made of crystal hanging from lofty ceilings, throwing prismatic reflections on the guests below. Elegantly dressed men and women sat at tables, their expressions alternating between hope and sorrow. But, beyond the glitter and gold of the institution, there were secrets as dark as the darkest poker cards.

Acaz Phantomhive oversaw her empire from her own office, carefully positioned to observe the casino floor below, with her raven-black hair and piercing grey eyes. She exuded authority, tempered by an enigmatic appeal. Her serenity, however, was only the surface of a sea of emotions.

Her mind wandered to Raymond, her right hand and confidante, as she peered over the floor. The severity of his betrayal was a fresh wound, and the last confrontation at The Garrison was a stinging reminder of the perilous nature of loyalty as Acaz heard it from one of her messengers.

Ben, her secretary, gently knocked before entering. "Ms. Phantomhive, the shipment details you requested." He meticulously set out the documents on her desk.

She looked at him, her gaze softening for a second. "Thank you, Ben. Ensure that everything goes smoothly. I won't tolerate any slip-ups, especially not now."

Ben nodded, but his voice sounded hesitant. "Ma'am, about Raymond..."

"Raymond made his choice; he's no longer our concern," she cut him off, her tone harsh.

Even as she spoke, recollections from their shared past rushed across her mind. Their journey had been linked, from street urchins in London's alleys to kings of Birmingham's criminal underworld. Because of their shared past, the sting of his treachery was all the more painful.

The events of the night weighed heavily on her. Her collaboration with the Peaky Blinders, particularly with Thomas Shelby, was a deliberate gamble. Trust was a currency she was wary of spending in this high-stakes game.

She felt an unexpected affinity when she remembered their last encounter, his piercing blue eyes probing hers for truth. They were both fighters, leaders, and survivors.

A faint knock interrupted her trance. Polly Gray entered through the front door, her presence as imposing as ever.

"Acaz," she warned, "our alliance is young, fragile, and while we respect your strength, remember, the Shelbys always protect their own."

Acaz addressed her look squarely. "And so do I, Ms. Gray. I've lost much, but I'm not down. Raymond's treachery won't go unpunished."

Polly looked at her for a moment, then nodded, clearly satisfied. "Then we understand each other."

Acaz took a big breath as Polly walked away. Alliances, betrayals, and wars were all a part of the game. And she was adamant about winning, no matter what.

Thomas returned to Shelby Company Limited to find an unexpected report from his spies. 

The Ace of Spades, a rumored underworld legend, was closer than they anticipated. And everything pointed to one individual - Acaz Phantomhive.

"Arthur," he said as he gazed out over Birmingham's skyline, "we're on the verge of something big, and I intend to find out what Acaz is hiding."

"We're with you, brother, until the end," Arthur said as he patted him on the back.

On the chessboard of Birmingham's underground, the pieces were moving. As alliances changed and secrets were revealed, one thing was certain: the game had begun.

*** ACE OF HEARTS *** 

PEAKY BLINDERS