Chapter 3

I was correct. As usual.

I opened my eyes. I began looking around, taking in my surroundings, I was in a graveyard. I searched the darkness, until my eyes fell upon a wonderfully carved marble headstone. I knelt in front of the headstone.

"Tom Riddle" I whispered, running my fingers over the name engraved into the headstone, my father.

"My dear daughter" A voice said behind me, I had felt his presence, it was almost overwhelming. I stood up and turned to find his voice.

"Father," I said stiffly, looking around. "Why have you brought me here?" I said, looking around.

"This is where your grandmother bewitched my father, made me a pathetic halfblood" he said, he sounded angry. "You've made friends with Harry Potter, the boy who was responsible for my downfall" He said, he pressed his wand into the tips of his fingers, looking at me. "You do know, everything I do is for you, my sweet snake"

"Of course I do father" I lied. Bullshit, I'm not that dumb, Father does everything for power, he doesn't give a damn about me.

"Good, just know, this is all for you" he said sweetly as he pointed his wand at me. "Crucio"

I fell to my knees, writhing in pain. I clutched my chest, feeling like I was getting ripped apart. The pain was incredible. "Please father" I cried, tears rolled down my face.

"Wake up" I sat up quickly, stepping out of bed, I was panting. My forehead was clammy, I had blood on my hands. I looked down at my hands In horror, what happened? "Enya, Enya are you alright?" Hermione said, looking at me and then at my hands. "Ah, so you're the one who did it?"

"Did what?" I said, my voice breaking slightly, what had I done?

"Broken the mirror in the bathroom. Around twelve last night I heard a crash, it turns out someone punched the mirror over and over again, is there glass in your hands, come, let me see" She said, grabbing my hands, I let her. She led us over to my bed, sitting us both down and examining my hands. She grabbed her wand and pointed it at my hands. I ripped them away, holding them to my chest. "Hey, it's okay," Hermione said. "I just want to cast a healing spell, that's all" She sounded sincere, I narrowed my eyes and let her grab my hands again. "Episkey" she whispered, moments later, my hands were free of blood and wrapped in bandages.

"Todays not bad . . .outside all morning," said Ron who was running his finger down the Morning column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures . . .damn it, we're still with the Slytherins." Draco. I'll get to see Draco.

"Double Divination this morning" Harry and I said in unison. "I heard Trelawny's a nutter" I commented, shrugging.

"You should've given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione said briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible, like Arithmancy"

"You're eating again, I notice" Ron said, watching Hermione add quite a bit of jam on her toast.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights" Hermione said haughtily.

"Elf rights?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow, elves were happy the way they were, unless they were Dobby, I still miss Dobby.

"Yes. Elf rights" Hermione said.

"Strange. I heard once that Hagrid, The gamekeeper I believe? Had a dragon" I asked, looking at my timetable and seeing his name. I was almost certain my eyes were shining as I said that dragons were my favorite to study.

"Yeah, actually in our first year" Harry said, smiling at me.

I was in awe, how did Hagrid get a dragon?