𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

It was later now, and the girls were in the change room. It was about 30 minutes until their game, and a mix of excitement and anticipation was flowing through the girls.

Freya stood in front of her kit area. She looked at the green and gold jersey with the number 24 printed on it. Every time she played for the Matildas was a pinch me moment, no matter how many caps she had.

She slipped her jersey over her head, putting the shorts on as well. Alanna and Mackenzie walked into the middle of the change room, standing on the bench.

"How about we get the energy up in here?" Macca called out, with Lani nodding her head in agreeance.

Alanna switched the speaker on, turning it on to max volume and pressing play.

from the bottom of my heart
boy i've gotta tell you this
since the day we've been apart
you're the only one I miss
i'm like a tree with no roots
I just can't live without you, yeah yeah

Freya couldn't help but laugh. Those two girls always knew how to turn a stressful situation into a fun one, and they were sometimes the only people that could take her mind off the pressures of soccer.

thought we were just a summer romance
nothing but a passing fling
seemed my heart had other plans
now i'm a puppet on a string
don't leave me dangling out there
boy can't you tell how much I cares
till see the sunlight in your hair, oh, oh

Caitlin, Steph and Emily hopped up on the bench with Lani and Macca, dancing and singing along to the song. Freya looked next to her at Kyra, who was laughing uncontrollably at the sight of her older teammates dancing.

i've been missing your stawberry kisses
cuz nothing's as sweet
the taste still drives me crazy

Now Sam was jumping up on the bench aswell, eager to join in the pre-game celebrations. She looked over at Freya, gesturing her to come dance. Freya was about to decline when Sam hopped off the bench, grabbing both her hands and moving Freya side to side. The two girls laughed, noticing how ridiculous they must look.

i've been wishing my strawberry kisses
could fly through the wind
to you from me

They sang together, as though their previous nights argument had never happened. The two grinned at eachother. 

Just as the chorus came to an end, Tony walked in and got a chance to see the spectacle that was their dance party. He turned down the music.

"Alright girls. As much as I know you are all having fun, it's time to get serious," the group groaned, upset that their festivities had been cut short. "We go on in 15 and I expect us to win this game. You guys have beat New Zealand many times before, and I expect nothing less from you this time around."

Freya nodded, glancing over at Sam who was intently listening to TG.

"I'll give you girls 10 more minutes to finish getting ready and then you'll come line up. Let's do it!" he clapped, walking out of the change room.

Freya turned back towards her stuff, grabbing two gold ribbons from her bag. She walked over to the mirror, plaiting her hair into two dutch braids. She did this every game, and she had become quite prolific with doing her hair. Sam came up behind her, grabbing the defender's shoulders.