十四

🎵 너 없는 시간들

While occasionally tripping over your hanbok, you walked down the palace hallway

While occasionally tripping over your hanbok, you walked down the palace hallway. That day, you realized something was unusual. Most of the palace's residents were wearing white clothes--also many white lilies suddenly magically appeared in the palace grounds. As a result of walking while not looking ahead, you hit the door you were supposed to knock on.

"Ow-- Good morning." You greeted from the back of the door, peeking inside Seungkwan's room.

As usual, Seungkwan's room is always very well organized. The combination of fresh air and the herbal aroma of the medicine he brewed became the characteristic of his personal space. Inside, Dokyeom was there too. He looked refreshed after a long deep sleep--compared to the other day when he had just returned from the mountain.

Dokyeom was getting the bitter herbal drink to make sure he doesn't get sick. Unfortunately by the time you realize it, it was already too late to turn back. Seungkwan didn't take no as an answer when he offered you some. The overwhelming bitter taste haunts you once again.

"My god, talk about perfect timing." You swallowed the whole drink in one big gulp, literally gasping when the bitterness strikes your throat.

"Admit it, it does make you feel better." Seungkwan gave you a side eye while his lips formed a teasing smile--clearly satisfied when people suffer from his medicine.

"Sometimes I wonder if I feel better because I'm already dead." Dokyeom whispered while Seungkwan wasn't listening.

Looking at the two of them, you noticed Dokyeom was wearing black as usual. As for Seungkwan, he was wearing white clothes like everyone else you saw. You just realized, in the open window frame, he also displayed a sprig of white lilies in a ceramic vase.

"Can I...ask you both a question?" You said while still looking at the flower.

Seungkwan hummed in a questioning tone as he walked to the window with a bowl of sliced ​​peaches and pears in his hand. He placed it right next to the vase, then poured fresh water into the vase to ensure the flowers remained fresh.

"Yes?" Dokyeom waited for your question patiently.

"I was wondering if, you know, there's a reason why I see so many people dressed in white today?" You politely mentioned Seungkwan as one of the example, then continued, "Also why suddenly there are a lot of white lilies?"

From the way Seungkwan looked at Dokyeom, he might be questioning why you haven't got any clue about what's happening particularly on that day. Dokyeom, as someone who spent more time with you, replied with a slightly panic defensive face. He never felt he had the right to tell anyone about it after all.