二十五

🎵 별후광음

Under the dark night sky, deep inside the Jeon residence, a heated debate was going on

Under the dark night sky, deep inside the Jeon residence, a heated debate was going on. The lights showed the shadowy silhouettes of the people inside. Emotional body movements were clearly visible.

"Are you OUT of your mind!?" Never before had Soon-young spoken to you in such a curt tone.

"Escaping death sentence was already a stroke of luck, and now you want to go back THERE?" He shook both of your shoulders, still unable to accept the decision you had just announced to him.

Minghao just sat quietly with his arms crossed. His eyes haven't stopped looking at Jinyi since earlier. Meanwhile poor Lee Chan was still confused about whether he should keep quiet or say something.

Wonwoo could understand why Soon-young was angry. On the other hand, he also understands why you accepted Jinyi's offer. There were times when he questioned why Jinyi had to make that offer. But if the reason is to fight for feelings that are so strong in your heart, who is he to have the right to forbid you.

"Soon-young, listen--" Your voice cracked in desperation, the amount of stress you're getting was unreal, "I'm very grateful that you saved me, but I can't just hide forever. I have to find answers to why my father did that."

Soon-young clenched his fists tightly. Greater than his anger was his feeling of not wanting to lose his best friend, which almost happened.

"Are you sure you'll leave Baekje again once you find out what that reason is?" Soon-young looked straight into your eyes which are now unable to look at him in return, "Even after you meet His Majesty again?"

"..I--"

When you couldn't come up with an answer, Soon-young knew his guess was right. The main reason you wanted to come back was because you wanted to see Mingyu again. Of course he had no problem with that. The problem is that Mingyu is in an environment where the entire palace wanted to get rid of you.

"Soon-young-nim." Jinyi called out softly, Wonwoo was the first person who turned his attention to her, "I know you really care about your friend. But will you be okay seeing her wake up every day with tears in her eyes?"

Hearing that, Soon-young eyes softened a little bit. He already suspected that you and Mingyu had feelings for each other. What he doesn't realize is that he doesn't quite understand how those feelings affect your life until Jinyi said that.

"To live every day with a heart screaming for something it wants, is more torturous." Jinyi added, finally meeting Minghao's gaze.

For some reason, Jinyi's words made your chest feel very tight. You have a hard time putting your feelings into words and Jinyi's recent sayings really illustrate that. Day after day no longer feels beautiful, your heart continues to grieve.

"I..thought what I felt in my heart was only temporary, I thought it would disappear once I didn't see him again.." You said with your head lowered, too embarrassed to see the face of your friend who had sacrificed so much for a stupid, love-struck girl like you.