✧ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 16 ⋮ MOONLIGHT

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

‎ ‎ ‎
SIDE STORY 3

Roswaal mansion ┃ Guest Room ┃ 5:20 Brightsun
 ‎ ‎

— A few days passed after the three day incident involving the bard.

Today appeared to be comfortably warm as the sunlight shines down on the land. However, as of this moment, the warmth started to cool down as the soft glowing light within the sky began to dwindle and set below the horizon.

Within his room, the #2 esper was sitting on a chair that was next to his bed and looking out the window.

Once again, he was found thinking about the past.

However, this time; he was thinking further back to his time in Academy City. Though, every time he did, there was always a sense of frustration welling up inside him.

Kakine: "Damn it. Why does my mind keep tracing back to that place? Even if there was a way back, would I even take it at this point? Tch... No way. Screw being under that bastard's rules. I'm never—"
‎ ‎ ‎

Unbeknownst to him, someone was about to knock on his door, but before she did, the maid's ears overheard the esper speak.

Kakine: ["—leaving this place and going back to where I came from."]

Rem: (. . . ?)
‎ ‎ ‎

However, the blue-haired girl only heard the tail end of those words, causing her hand to stop.

Rem: (...Going back?)
‎ ‎ ‎

From Rem's perspective, she didn't know what this meant.

Leaving this place?‎ ‎ ‎This was a question that immediately plagued her mind.

After thinking it through, one possibility stuck out to her, and it was something that left a depressing ache within her heart.
‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎

The possibility of Kakine leaving the mansion for good.
‎ ‎ ‎