Chapter 214

The scene fell silent, and suddenly, they heard a man's cry.

Everyone turned to look, it was Lin Diao, a different kind of person under Wu You. Wu You always called him Big Lin. He was the leader of the Frost Sky Squadron of the Ice and Snow Guild. This time, he brought a total of twenty-two Lin Diao, which was the main high-altitude combat power of the entire team and also bore the heavy responsibility of carrying people and cargo in the air. However, now, there were only thirteen Lin Diao left. This man in his forties could not help but cry, his voice hoarse and rough, making people feel heartbroken.

Chen Shao lit a cigarette, his fingers trembling slightly. After putting the cigarette in his mouth, he turned his head to the side and stared blankly ahead, not knowing what he was thinking.

Wu You hugged Big Lin's shoulder, patting his back with force. His face was stiff, but his eyes were resolute.

Mr. Sun sighed, "Everyone take a break, take stock of the supplies, and the injured people, according to the severity of their injuries, go to Xiaozong and Daikelin for treatment."

Cong Xia and Daikelin began to treat the injured people. Since Daikelin couldn't treat people with energy attributes that were incompatible with wood elements, most of the healing tasks fell on Cong Xia. In the past few hours, Cong Xia had released more energy than he had in a few months. Since entering Gerum, he hadn't had a single moment of rest. He was either replenishing energy for people or saving them. In the end, he even took a "swim" in the belly of a earthworm, experiencing the most terrifying and closest to death experience. At this point, he was exhausted to the point of collapse."

Here is the transcription of the Chinese text you provided into English:

"Chengtian walked alongside, watching Cong Xia's pale face and trembling hands, feeling extremely distressed, but he couldn't stop him. Cong Xia's abilities destined him to give more and sacrifice more. It's not just Cong Xia; every person who gains great power means they bear greater responsibility; otherwise, they wouldn't have experienced that underground adventure together.

Gradually, everyone began to move. They silently organized their equipment, counted their weapons, and most importantly, assessed how many people and animals they had lost.

In the end, they arrived at a heavy number. They had lost a total of twenty-six mutants and thirty-seven mutant animals. More than half of the energy armor of the people was damaged, and many weapons and supplies were lost in the chaos of the battlefield. They even ran out of provisions for the next day.

Originally, they had planned to leave the city and head directly for the forbidden zone. But now, it was impossible. A single battle had already caused them heavy losses, and going to the forbidden zone in this condition would be suicidal.

After discussing, the three cerebral evolutionaries decided that all members should return to the nearest Xuanming City for rest, resupply, and to make their next plan.

As soon as they mentioned going to Xuanming City, the people from Ronglan and Guangming City strongly opposed it. Ronglan remained silent, his face looking very bad, and the people from Guangming City spoke on behalf of their lord, voicing their protests.

Chu Xingzhou remained silent, looking at the others with a slightly mocking smile and occasionally observing Ronglan's expression.

Mr. Sun's tone became more serious, "Now, going back to Xining is over 800 kilometers away. With our current lack of food, water, and numerous injuries, it would take half a month to reach there. But Xuanming City is only a little over 300 kilometers away in a straight line, the closest human settlement. It's the best choice for replenishing supplies and recuperating. At a time like this, don't act impulsively." Although he was speaking to the people of Guangming City, it was clearly meant for Ronglan to hear.