Chapter 209

Time passed quickly.

Cong Xia went from the initial unease to complete calm in the end. There was actually nothing to worry about. If they couldn't survive in Ge'ermu without actively attacking them every day, then when they really launched an attack, it would only be a matter of 'death.' So worrying about their safety was truly unnecessary.

Like the others, he spent most of his time on cultivation every day. The speed of progress, like cheating, was addictive. Compared to other mutants in Qinghai, they should have a higher speed of progress because they had a systematic way of cultivation. In less than two months since entering Qinghai, their efficiency was three to four times higher than when he was in Beijing. In other words, if he stayed in Qinghai all the time, he could break through to the third stage in less than half a year, even though he was among the slower ones in their team.

At the same time, he used his spare time to create a large number of stored energy jade symbols. With the experience from the incident at the Sea Snake's mouth last time, he became smarter this time. He stuffed all the highly concentrated jade symbols into his skin. Thinking about how his clothes had been dissolved by digestive fluid last time, and all the jade symbols disappeared, they almost died inside. He still had lingering fears. If it weren't for the connection between the ancient jade and him, which always kept it by his side, he would have lost even the most important ancient jade. Thinking about how he had been so thoughtless, he felt regretful.

Sticking dozens of pieces of jade into his skin was painful, as you can imagine, but he had become numb to it. Over two years ago, he was just an ordinary office worker, a sedentary nerd. Now, he could calmly cut his own skin with a knife and insert hard jade pieces into his flesh. What had become stronger was not just his strength, his physical fitness, but also his mentality. He had transformed from an ordinary person who paled at the sight of mutant rats into a qualified survivor of the apocalypse. Tears and fear had grown increasingly distant from him because he had already unconsciously prepared himself to die at any moment. When a person no longer fears even death, that's when he truly becomes powerful.

In addition to stored energy jade symbols, he also created energy armor at a rate of one per day. He hoped to equip everyone with this thing before entering Qinghai. It could really save lives in critical moments."

During this period, Mr. Sun and Mr. Zhuang devoted a lot of effort to the matter of Abu. Abu had already reached the first-tier critical point, and the energy core could advance at any time, even in an unguarded situation. However, whether Abu acted actively or passively, he had no ability to control this power. Generally, advancing for mutant animals was a matter of fate. Although Cong Xia could assist Abu, if Abu couldn't control his energy by himself and relied solely on Cong Xia to handle the energy transfer, the burden on Cong Xia would be significant. Moreover, the anatomy of a cat and a human was entirely different, and the human body's meridian system couldn't be applied. Cong Xia wasn't very confident about this. Therefore, it was the safest method for a domain evolution person to control Abu's body and, consequently, his energy transfer. To make Abu's domain evolution controllable, it not only required the domain evolution person to have sufficient strength but also demanded that Abu's domain evolution reached a certain level, which could resonate with human brainwaves in some way. Therefore, Mr. Sun and Mr. Zhuang needed to stimulate Abu's domain evolution before he advanced. The danger in this matter lay in the fact that Abu might lose his understanding of human language and emotions, no longer being able to communicate with Mr. Zhuang using brainwaves and reverting to an ordinary cat.

Before the domain evolution stimulation, Abu was completely unaware of what he was about to experience. He spent his days eating, sleeping, rolling around in the snow when he was idle, and occasionally went to Ming Prefecture to play with that horse. As long as he could be with his owners, he had no worries and was very happy.