Chapter 242

After the two returned to the academy, they found that Deng Xiao had already arrived ahead of them.

Deng Xiao had tanned a circle, his hair shaved like a dog's bite. Not seen for a month, he looked even more robust, with the same hearty smile on his face. As soon as he saw them, he rushed up and howled, 'Cong, Cheng, I missed you guys!'

Cong Xia patted his back, laughing, 'Hey, so tanned. Did Deng Jie cut your hair?'

Deng Xiao chuckled, touching his shaved head, 'Yeah, my mom thought my hair was too long, so she gave me this look. I'll find Aqing to fix it another day.' He pulled Cong Xia's arm, 'Hey, Cong, you seem to have gained some weight.'

Cong Xia touched his belly, 'Probably. Eating well and sleeping well at Mu Fei's place. It's hard not to gain weight.'

Deng Xiao's eyes lit up, 'Is it fun there? What delicious things are you eating?'

Cong Xia smiled, 'Plenty. Living a fairy-like life every day. How about you? How was it in Yunnan?'

Deng Xiao stroked his chin, 'Oh, constantly bullied by my mom... But after spending time with those mantises, they started looking more pleasing to the eye. I think if my mom really gives birth to a mantis sister for me, I should be able to accept it.'

Cheng Tian sighed, 'How is Yunnan now? How have the mantises evolved?'

'Yunnan is much better than before. After communication with Beijing was restored, we received a lot of aid. Now the military is planning to migrate to Sichuan. The fear was dying on the way, but with an escort from Beijing, they can reach there in less than a month. They are preparing for it now. Those mantises, they've evolved even more badass. Last time we went, the queen couldn't fly, right? Now she has fully developed wings, almost twice the size of the male mantis. They all look like blade warriors, incredibly cool. The entire mantis group has over six thousand mantises, still increasing. My mom dominates the entire Kunming area. Hehe.' Deng Xiao swiftly waved his arms, as if he had those two sharp blade legs himself.

'Impressive, such a massive mantis group, hardly any challengers anywhere.' Cheng Tian praised.

Deng Xiao proudly grinned.

At this moment, the elevator door opened, and Cong Zhong and Zhuang Yao walked out. 'Cong Xia, you're back.'

'Uncle.' Cong Xia smiled, 'We just arrived. Zhuang Yao, you haven't had any health issues during this time, right?'

Zhuang Yao said, 'No, everything is normal.'

Deng Xiao said with a smile, 'Little Zhuang Yao, brother brought you a gift. I'll show you later.'

Zhuang Yao showed little surprise, 'Oh,' he said, 'Did you analyze the samples I asked you to collect for me?'"

Deng Xiao nodded, saying, "All collected. Trust me, I handle things well."

Zhuang Yao raised an eyebrow but remained silent.

At this moment, there was a commotion outside the door. It turned out that Tang Yanqiu and Liu Fengyu had also returned.

Deng Xiao laughed upon seeing them, "You guys are the epitome of returning home. Look at all these big and small bags. Lin Diao wasn't worn out by you?"

Liu Fengyu patted his head, "If you have the skill, don't eat."

Deng Xiao hugged Liu Fengyu around the waist, "Brother Liu, my bad."

Abu, seeing everyone back, tried to squeeze his big head through the door, sweeping his claws over their legs.

Zhuang Yao laughed and scolded, "Fool, your head might get stuck later."