part 18 - Family

A car dropped in front of the minor mansion. It's macau . The camp ended . Minor Bodyguards bowing seeing macau. He is not expecting anyone in the home for wait for him . That he knows that vegas will not be always there. So he is walking in a speed towards his room, so that he can rest  .

Vegas : are you back ? Macau ..

Macau : yeah , I .....

( Macau sees a familiar face behind vegas.without wasting any time, He runs fast to that person. It's phii  pete.)

Macau hugs pete .

Macau : phii pete.... I missed you 🥺..

Pete hugs back : I missed you too kidoo.

Macau eyes were full of tears.

Vegas shocked by the interaction between them.  What drama is going on here.

Macau : why are you back to this beast?  Phi pete ( points at vegas )

Vegas (clenches teeth ) : you punk , what did you just call me.

Macau : come on phii pete , I will help you escape from him . You don't have to work under such kind of persons.

Vegas : macau😡 ...

Macau : what ? Did I tell any lie?...

Vegas : you... ( hmm he is correct 😕I can't deny it)

Macau : see , you can't even deny it...

Pete chuckles by hearing interaction between the brothers. Macau and Vegas looks at pete. Vegas ( did he just laugh now ? Finally he did,? I thought I could never see that laugh )

Pete looked at the brothers who is looking at him like a wonder. Macau suddenly downs his head. Pete knows that macau do that whenever he is sad. Pete couldn't understand what happened suddenly. Macau without telling anything walks towards his room.

Vegas : you don't have to accompany me  today? ( looking at Macau walking away)

Pete : no, it's my dut....

Vegas : can you please have a talk with him?

Pete looks at vegas , like why?

Vegas: I also did hurt him  by doing that to you . He  have always liked you so much. He didn't even speak to me like for months. It is true that I am beast .  But I couldn't afford to loose his smile. The smile that you have bought into his face.

At this point, pete doubts he is bad or good.

Pete : hmm , I am on leave  today.

Pete knocks at macau's door. He is not opening. But the door is not locked.

Pete : I am coming in , macau.

Pete entes the room he is lying on his bed. His bag is on the floor. Pete smiles that macau is not changed a bit.

Pete : are you mad at me.?

Macau : no! ...... yes....

Pete : hmm...?

Macau : i know I don't have any right to mad at you .... but still you didn't even contact for even 6 months. You told me that I am like a family to you. But phi didn't remember me when phii having a hard time. Family should be share happiness and sadness together right..... but I couldn't be there phi were alone. I am mad at me too . That I couldn't stop anything happened to you... phiii......

( Macau crying loudly.... ) pete eyes flooded. That when macau defined him as family. The family once pete dreamed about....

Pete pated on macau's head.

Pete: you didn't know anything. Don't blame yourself. Everything happened don't have anything to do with you. Macau. And I am fine like this .. family is a big word. Now I am afraid to even think about it...... I wanted to be alone.

Macau: sorry, phi pete. Please.... don't leave again. Can you?

Pete : ( hands over the towel to macau to wipe the tears ) ..I have to leave once my duty here finish . I won't give you a false promises.

Macau knows that he don't have the right to stop pete. Also  He doesn't want pete to feel pressured . So he didn't compelled pete.

At night

Vegas came back. He Heard sounds from macau's room . He walked towards his room. He  smiles that macau is speaking and laughing to pete. Pete is listening carefully with a smile that he don't miss a single word from macau. Vegas somewhat feels jealous that pete don't even wanted to talk to him. But he didn't interfere them. He walks back to his room.

It's 2.00 am . Vegas on his room working on his files. He looks at the time. He comes out his room for having some water. On going back to his room, he hears some sound from Pete's room . He opens the door of pete room . The light is on . It is not switched off. Pete is sleep speaking .

Vegas walks faster towards him . Pete is sweating . Vegas sits on the side of his bed. That vegas got that pete is having a nightmare. He asking for help. He is begging not to leave him. He is scared..

Vegas : pete.... pete... it's ok .. it's ok . I am here. Don't worry... you are not alone.

Vegas Don't know how to console him . But he is trying. Pete is having a hard time that he knows that. He grabs pete to his chest, hugs him tightly. So pete can feel that he is not alone. It's took 5 minutes to calm pete down .  Vegas waits till pete is going to a sleep calmly. Vegas puts pete back to bed slowly.

Vegas : are you having a hard time, pete?  

Vegas touches his forehead with Pete's. Vegas closes his eyes and stayed like that for a while. He wants to steal a kiss. But he stops. This time Vegas doesn't want to make a mistake. He withdraws quickly. But he didn't wanted to leave him there alone. He adjusted himself in the bed . Holded pete close to him . Where pete is partly lying on vegas. It was a different feeling for vegas . That he don't  have a memory of holding someone close to him like this. The heat which is comforting. The sound of Pete's breathing which felt calming. Felt like he is not alone.  He wanted to live in that moment for long. Don't want it to end . But vegas don't want to leave there. He is calming his heart down . The longings.... the silence ...... the loneliness  which all  came to end. Now he don't want this to end. 

Vegas : can I be close to you like this , forever? ( vegas shocked himself. That he used the word  " forever ". He never thought about having anyone with him forever. He thought that it will be boring to be with someone like that. He always felt boring with every relationship. He don't even know that those can be called relationship. May be hookups. But pete is different. Is it love or guilt towards making him  feel like that.  He have made pete suffer a lot. He wants pete to forgive him . He wants pete to stay with him . He wanted to see Pete's face when he wakes up. He desperately  wanted this feeling forever. Is this love ? ..... vegas don't know. )

When pete is Deep into sleep , vegas leaves.

It's morning, pete opens his eyes. It's been a long time that he slept like that. This time the nightmares didn't wake him . He lies to a side that he can see the light coming from window.  The scent it is familiar. He smells his pillow. Pete wakes up suddenly . Does vegas came here....