8th Part~

Brown messy hair was his. Ryan Waltz. The sun was taking its position at a leisurely pace. He asked me what I was doing there and I told him the story.

We headed into the house.

He said - "You are very brave. I mean it's too much, you came behind a thief without thinking once."

"This is what you think about me, really?" I exclaimed.

"I think about you, can't I?" He said with a little serious look.

"I didn't mean that." I made a statement and by quickening my speed I left him behind saying something that I ignored.

Today we were going hospital for a checkup. I wasn't ready due to the traumatic experience I had in that place. I made up my mind to face it.

I took a shower and wore a pale green top with white cargo pants. A heart necklace and heart earrings were insanely beautiful. I styled it with a plain high ponytail and used pink lip gloss as a makeup.

I came downstairs and I found him staring at me. I averted my gaze not to make him feel awkward.

I saw him wearing a yellow plain T-shirt with skinny black jeans. I tried not to look at his face but I miserably failed in it.

He asked me to go ahead. He followed me to the main door and opened it for me. That was a very sweet gesture of him.

He stopped his new BMW in the pathway to the gate. He opened the door for me and I stepped in.

His car was more beautiful from the inside. In 1920s, Cars didn't have such advanced technology. He turned on the GPS of the car.

The Car stopped and there was that creepy hospital. We went in and met the Doctor.

The doctor wished a good morning to Ryan and asked me for the intro.

He fastly replied - "Dr. Thomas, she is Clarisse. I talked to you about her this morning."

"Yes, I remember. Come in," the Doctor said as we followed him to the cabin.

The doctor took a syringe and filled it with the transparent fluid. He then asked me to put my hand forward to give me the injection. I had a phobia of needles so it feared me from inside.

I murmured no to myself and held Ryan's arm tightly. I said no to him without directly seeing his face.

He took his hand from my grip and held my hand.

"Don't worry, it will not hurt. Come. I'm with you." He said.

"It will hurt. Do you really want me to take it?" I exclaimed with sudden saddening emotion.

"I will never hurt you and neither leave you hurting. Trust me." He said with real emotions coming right from his heart.

I trusted him more than I ever could trust anyone. I sat on the seat in front of the doctor. I made him sit beside me. I made my arm forward. As the syringe came towards my arm, I held his hand more tightly.

The Doctor gave the injection rapidly and it hurted me that goosebumps appeared all over my body.

I made Ahh sound. Unintentionally I landed my head on his chest and grabbed his t-shirt in my closed fist. He put his hand on my back to stop me from frightening.

For a moment, I lost myself either he too. Neither did I pull myself back nor did he let himself go.

The Doctor cleared his throat and we got back into life. I pulled myself and brushed my pony with my fingers to set them. He sat straight and made his t-shirt proper.

"I- I'll go to CR. Wait" I stumbled. I was facing the mirror and a little blush occupied its place on my cheeks. Feeling like this was not good. I knew that but I couldn't help myself from blushing and feeling those emotions at that time.

I came outside and found him patiently waiting for me in his seat. I went towards him and we left that hospital.

We were sitting in the car. I was looking out of the window and there were very tall and big buildings. I could never imagine this type of future.

Reminding me of the past made me sad. I remembered my father, his funeral which almost caught me crying but I smiled as my father's last advice to me was 'Keep Smiling always.' I emptied my mind.

I heard a voice. "Clarisse?"

"Yes?" I replied.

"I asked you something. Did you hear?" He asked in his deep voice.

"Sorry! I gone lost in thoughts. Can you repeat it once?" I said to him getting into the conversation.

"I wanted to know what's your favourite plant or tree. I was planning to plant some saplings this weekend." He said with a shine in his eyes. He wanted to know my choice.

"I would love to see blooming chrysanthemums and lilies in your garden" I replied with honesty.

I heard an ohh sound leaving his mouth.

The other morning, I bathed and was roaming in the garden. I heard him calling my name repeatedly.

"I'm coming" I said reaching towards the glass door. He was there standing in the office clothes which was a typical classy suit.

"Clarisse! I'm leaving for urgent work and I'll not come home till morning. If there's any emergency then make a call. If I didn't pick up then leave a message. I will read it. Byee" He didn't give me a chance to reply and left from there.

I was in my room. Trying new tricks of fighting. I felt tiredness throughout my body.

I was lying on the bed. The Wave of the past numbed my heart.

I was thinking about my mom. She told me once about her struggles.

She was a stunt woman. She had low wages but more risk for her work but still, she never complained. Her Father was ill and she needed more money. No one was ready to lend her money. She was worried.

She went to a coffee shop and ordered coffee and some cookies. She sat there worriedly. There she met my father. He helped her and soon they got tied together in marriage.

She was independent and brave and she always put forth her opinion. My father always respected her and her thoughts. They were so lovely together.

Later I was reminded about my Fiancé Shawn. But now I didn't feel so confident about him. I was a little bit confused.

I thought of getting distanced from Ryan. Ryan was just my friend but still, I didn't want him to have feelings for me. I was engaged after all. I shouldn't feel like that, right? I should be more confident. It is not appropriate to feel like this for him.

Now I was on the mission to find the door to go again in the past where I had my life. It was nighttime.

I ate dinner and all the maids and workers went to their respective homes. Ryan didn't like any workers or maids living in the mansion so he told them to work there but sleep at their home. I was alone in the mansion. I went to sleep.

Around 1 am, I heard a noise of glass broken due to slamming on the floor. I immediately woke up and got ready to catch whoever was there.

I went to the dining room and hid under the table. I spotted a pair of legs right next to the table. That was a girl because she wore heels. I locked the legs with my hands and she fell on the floor.