Chapter 13

What should I do to win his trust more? I was clueless. I should win his family's trust first, I thought. Then he will trust me. I want some papers from his office. That Fat Bee gave me a new mission. Ugh.

It was never hard to betray someone. But he is very kind and generous and nice and great and right and handsom-. What I'm doing? I can't think like this. I can't. Not about him. At least.

I need to focus. There's nothing between us. Us? Am I mad or what? There's no us. There is Me and him. Separate. Individual.

I have to go to his office. I came out of my thoughts when he came into my room. He locked the door from inside.

What is he doing? What does he think he is doing? Aghh It's me who is thinking like this. Okay, I'm calming myself down.

"Are you going to do something?" I asked. I am stupid. "No, I mean What are you doing?" I said.

"Don't worry. I'm here to clear everything." He said.

Great. I wanted to know what was happening for so long and finally, I can.

"You are my girlfriend. My siste-" I interrupted him.

"When I said that? I never meant that. I'm a little clumsy and stupid but I didn't mean I love you. No, I never said that. Not with words and not with actions. Too. I guess." I said.

"Hold your horses. My parents and my sister think You are my girlfriend. I mean we are dating." He said.

"But No need to worry. I will tell them the truth. You don't have to act in front of them. They have to know we aren't dating and we will never. I will make sure that-" He stopped after hearing something from my mouth.

He said, "What?"

"I think we can act till your relation with your mom-dad gets better. Only If you're okay." I said.

"No, You don't have to. And I'm not okay with it. I'll never be." He said with sterning his voice.

He doesn't like me. Not a bit.

He can't bear the thought of us. Okay, I don't care. That would not affect me in a parallel universe.

Let's focus on the mission.

I was going downstairs and I noticed Ryan's Mom. She was acting weird, lying on the couch.

I asked, "What happened, Ma'am?"

She didn't respond. I went closer to them. She was having problems breathing. In fact, she wasn't able to catch breathe.

I tried to calm her down but it wasn't helpful. I remembered, I saw reports of an Asthma Patient in Ryan's room.

I rushed towards his mom's room in the hope she had a pump in her room.

I checked every drawer but there wasn't any. And then I noticed the cupboard. I opened it and there were a lot of files and yes, the pump too.

I took the pump but I found the copy of those papers which I was told to give 'em.

I grabbed the papers and hid them in the flower vase placed in the passageway. And this time, No weird reactions from the helpers and maids.

I reached there where his mom was struggling with the breathing process and I gave her the pump. Everything was normal in several minutes.

I asked his mom, "Are you okay now?" She slightly nodded.

Someone ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I was clueless, I didn't hug him back.

I pushed him away and said, "What are you up to, Mr Ryan?"

"Sorry, I- just- Thanks!" he spoke and stepped back.

"Thanks for?" I asked, furrowing my left brow.

"For saving my mom's life!" He said.

Did he install spy cameras all over?

I asked, "How do you know?"

"I was at the doorstep and I watched the whole scenario." He said.

"And My heart knows what is best for me that's why it lov-" He suddenly stopped and pinched his nose.

"He went upstairs he acted as if he said something that he shouldn't. I asked his mom to rest for a while.

I went in my room and stood in front of the mirror. I was talking to myself.

What is this behaviour, Blair? You are a dangerous woman. You can't fall in love besides there's Shawn for you. You are marrying him. You owe him. He always supported you. You can't betray him. And that Ryan is nothing to you. He is just a rope to go in past. Just A Rope.